Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 446
Message 961 of 969

Re: Quiet notifications moto z

Hi JMHubbard,

The ascending ringtone is working as designed. Thanks for your feedback though. I will pass this along to our Product Support Teams.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

oldtar22
Punch Card
Views: 425
Message 962 of 969

When you pay $800 fif a phone you should be able to turn on/off some of the features. And this is one of them. I miss notifications because of it. I may be forced to try another mfgr next time. Even tho I have owned Motorola phones for several years. Most of us don't want this feature. Take a poll. It's not gaining Lenovo any points by ignoring what the majority want. At least give us the option of disabling the ascending ringtone.

tommyb1226
SCSI Port
Views: 418
Message 963 of 969

@Agent_Rich, please stop saying that it "works as designed." Nobody is unclear about that. The design is just not in support of your customers' preferences, which is why this issue won't go away. 

Also, please stop patronizing us by telling us that you will "pass this along." There is ample evidence in this forum over the last two years that this is simply not happening.

Thomas B Boettcher
Anonymous_User
Not applicable
Views: 371
Message 964 of 969

Nothing will happen (No miracles), entire Moto team is only worried of selling the product but not about its quality or after sale service (which is actually worst).

Soon Moto will also lose the market just like Nokia.

I am also blacklisting Moto products for ever. No recommendations to any of my known circles.

Best justification is that I am seeing this post in the forum since for past 01year 08Months but never seen any updates or fix from Moto.

Goodluck and Goodbye!

unhappyuser9999
Paper Tape
Views: 183
Message 965 of 969

Who marked this fixed??

I just bought my Moto Z a month ago and have wondered why I've missed EVERY SINGLE CALL.  How is this obvious problem not fixed after TWO YEARS???? What a piece of junk.  Unfortunately Verizon only supports ONE phone in this price range and this turd is it.  How can you jerks honestly sell a PHONE that doesn't RING???  And this problem is marked as RESOLVED?  HOW?  What kind of insanity is this?

oldtar22
Punch Card
Views: 162
Message 966 of 969

They haven't fixed it . The ascending ringtone sucks.  Most the time I don't get text notifications because of that. That's why my next phone will not be a moto anything. They have lost a customer. It's paid off and I'm going to Samsung or LG. That's why the phones are do cheap with VZ now. Because no one wants them.

unhappyuser9999
Paper Tape
Views: 137
Message 967 of 969

@Rhonda64 wrote:

I went and got a new phone, that didn't help. The only thing that has helped was to disable battery optimization on any app that has notification sounds.

Thank you Rhonda64.  Not sure if you figured this out of someone else did.  Not going to dig through nearly 100 pages to find out.  Tried this last night and now Im getting call rings and consistent message sounds for the first time since I bought this device.  A moderator needs to make THIS the solution or edit it onto the first post.  It is not an overly simple solution especially considering Verizon has a dozen apps called 'phone' and 'messages' installed on here and you have to guess based on color which one is correct.  Grrr.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 108
Message 968 of 969

We understand your preferences and we highly value it. We have passed this along to our Product teams, but we can't guarantee any changes. Thank you all for your feedback.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

unhappyuser9999
Paper Tape
Views: 102
Message 969 of 969

How is wanting to hear your TELEPHONE RING  a personal preference??  This is a basic serious product issue that has impacted many of us since we purchased our phones.

Top Kudoed Authors