Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mlc1123
Paper Tape
Views: 348
Message 1 of 5

SCREEN FREEZES THEN TRIES TO RESTART REPEATEDLY

TThis has been happening inermittently for the last 3 weeks.  I have tried to track common denominaters and there doesn't appear to be any.  It happens most frequently when it is NOT on the charger.   For instance, I will try to send a text or reply to one and nothing happens, it will not return to the home screen, I hold the power button, but choice of Power Off or Restart does NOT appear.  I continue to hold power button and it goes to the blue Moto screen, thn sometimes to the black Lenovo screens an just keeps repeating.  Of course all of this sucks battery until it just dies completely.

I have removed apps for more storage, I have tried to download the Lenovo Mobile Assistant to try to debug, but cannot find "Mobile Assistant" on Google Play Store.

I do not have a landline, so other than my laptop I cannot communicate reliably.    HELP    PLEASE

Porphyrius
Bit Torrent
Views: 341
Message 2 of 5

Re: SCREEN FREEZES THEN TRIES TO RESTART REPEATEDLY

@mlc1123 wrote:

TThis has been happening inermittently for the last 3 weeks.  I have tried to track common denominaters and there doesn't appear to be any.  It happens most frequently when it is NOT on the charger.   For instance, I will try to send a text or reply to one and nothing happens, it will not return to the home screen, I hold the power button, but choice of Power Off or Restart does NOT appear.  I continue to hold power button and it goes to the blue Moto screen, thn sometimes to the black Lenovo screens an just keeps repeating.  Of course all of this sucks battery until it just dies completely.

I have removed apps for more storage, I have tried to download the Lenovo Mobile Assistant to try to debug, but cannot find "Mobile Assistant" on Google Play Store.

I do not have a landline, so other than my laptop I cannot communicate reliably.    HELP    PLEASE

Have you tried Lenovo's,"Smart Assistant" on a PC?

Click here,

https://support.lenovo.com/gb/en/downloads/ds101291

Highlighted
sajokaz
Bit Torrent
Views: 337
Message 3 of 5

Or the Verizon Software Repair Assistant if it's a Verizon branded Z Force.

~Scott
mlc1123
Paper Tape
Views: 332
Message 4 of 5

Yes, but it requires "Mobile Assistant" on the phone and there is no such thing by that name on Google Play.

sajokaz
Bit Torrent
Views: 324
Message 5 of 5

@mlc1123 wrote:

Yes, but it requires "Mobile Assistant" on the phone and there is no such thing by that name on Google Play.

I don't think either one of those repair tools requires anything special to be installed on the phone.  At least not from the instructions I have seen on both sites; it's all downloaded and installed on a PC.

~Scott
Top Kudoed Authors