Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
heidi1981
What's DOS?
Views: 482
Message 1 of 7

Shatter-Shield starting to peel

My shattershield is peeling. I would like to have this fixed. It seems that some people are getting no issues with having it fixed while others are having to resort to lawsuits and such. I was not able to get help from support. They told me to come here and post. 

motozuser1337
Paper Tape
Views: 449
Message 2 of 7

Re: Shatter-Shield starting to peel

Call Motorola support for warranty replacement. (they will usually just replace it for free if I recall correctly)

I'm pretty sure Motorola was ruled liable for screen peeling. 

Did you call lenovo or motorola support? I believe they are different, I could be wrong. 

https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/shattershield_ask

They should wave the fee for peeling.

userMikeM
Punch Card
Views: 425
Message 3 of 7

My moto z force screen has begun to warp upward on the left edge.  At the high point, it protrudes 1mm above where it would be flush with the metal frame.  I just noticed it a week ago.  I can press it back down, but it doesn't stay.  Is this the same issue?

WidowMakerRace
Paper Tape
Views: 391
Message 4 of 7

The link states $50 fee. Personally I'm not paying for their manufacturing mistakes. With the issues I've had lately with this device I doubt I'll buy another Motorola phone!

motozuser1337
Paper Tape
Views: 377
Message 5 of 7

They will wave the fee. That $50 is for melting or scratching.

userMikeM
Punch Card
Views: 323
Message 6 of 7

Bait-and-switch unethical service

So, I called Verizon.  They said my moto z force screen has a 4-year warranty.  Then they redirected the telephone call, and connected me with Motorola service.

I explained to the Motorola person exactly what my phone screen problem was, warping and lifting.  The Motorola agent replied saying there is normally a fee to replace the screen, but that fee would be waived.  She then connected me to the next department to process the claim.

At that next department in Motorola, we discussed the same thing, and again, that person said the same rehearsed thing.  Normally there's a fee, but it would be waived.  My claim was processed, and an RMA + FedEx barcode was promptly emailed to me.

I shipped the phone via FexEx the following day.  I didn't hear back from anybody for several days.  Finally, I got a boilerplate email from the Motorola repair department saying the phone was damaged.  Damaged?  I sent back an email asking if they mistakenly sent that email to me?  I mean, that form didn't have my RMA number, my phone Serial Number, not even the model (moto z force).  Nor any description of what the "damage" they were suggesting might be.

They replied with a photo of exactly the 1mm lifted screen edge.  Uh, yes.  Exactly.  But that's not damage.  That's the failure, the defect, which is already authorized to be fixed by replacing the screen.   (their photo attached below)

But they refused to replace the screen.  Even after I linked this very forum thread in my reply email, and that $39.00 shattershield replacement form link in the post above.  No was their final answer.  They insisted I pay $150, else they are going to return the phone unrepaired.

That back-and-forth email discussion took 3 days.  Three days for 3 emails.  After 4 days of initial silence.

Unethical.  That's all I have to say.

Picture 2707.jpg

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 310
Message 7 of 7

Re: Bait-and-switch unethical service

Hello userMikem,

I'm sorry to hear that, I'd like to see if I can help.  I've sent you a private message asking for some information.  If you can reply back to it, I'll be happy to look further into what you are reporting.

Best regards,

Becky

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Top Kudoed Authors