Did you mean: 
Highlighted
NUNOFILIPE
Fanfold Paper
Views: 374
Message 1 of 7

Shattershield Replacement Lens for Moto Z2 Force

Hi everyone,

I recently bough one Moto Z2 Force from T-Mobile (US) to be delivered in the UK. My problem is I have issues with the Shattershield Lens and Motorola UK says that they cannot help me because it was bought in the US and Motorola US says they only can sell or send the replacement to US addresses. Anyone can help me out?

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 341
Message 2 of 7

Re: Shattershield Replacement Lens for Moto Z2 Force

Hi NUNOFILIPE,

Thanks for posting. That is actually how the process works. You need to be in the country where you purchase the device to claim your warranty options. If you have someone and/or relatives in the US, you can send the phone to them and we will send back the phone to the address of your relatives. Let me know if you have a question. Thanks.

Edit: Note, that this would still up to you and we're not liable with that specific procedure. That's just one possible way, I could think of for you to claim your warranty.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

NUNOFILIPE
Fanfold Paper
Views: 255
Message 3 of 7

Hi,

So a company who works internationally doesn't have stock in Europe??? I can buy from the US website but cannot do the same from any EU website that I checked. Warranties are valid worldwide, the excuse from Motorola US is they are not able to issue a "stick" with an address outside of the US. 

https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/shattershield_ask

I have several devices and never had any problem from buying in any other country besides the one I live. What's Motorola solution? This is an issue with a very expenside device and it's only 1 month old now.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 229
Message 4 of 7

Hi NUNOFILIPE,

Motorola phones are only in warranty in the country/region in which they are intended for sale. We never recommend buying a phone in one region for ongoing use in another for this reason. I can ask my colleagues from Europe regarding the shattershield replacement. I'll let you know. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

NUNOFILIPE
Fanfold Paper
Views: 213
Message 5 of 7

Thank you! I really appreciate!

Motorola Admin Motorola Admin
Motorola Admin
Views: 72
Message 6 of 7

@NUNOFILIPE wrote:

Thank you! I really appreciate!

Hi.

The truth is, the first reply you received is correct. We only offer repair in the country where the device was intended for sale. We do not stock T-Mobile phones in EMEA and have no mechanism for making an exception. 

I'm quite surprised you were able to buy from a US site for UK delivery. 

Do you know anyone in the US who could help facilitate the repair? What is the issue you are seeing?

- Matt

NUNOFILIPE
Fanfold Paper
Views: 64
Message 7 of 7

The protection is peeliong off on the corners.

Unfortunately I don't, have contacted the place I bought to see if they can provide the replacement but they are not sure either.

Regarding not stocking T-Mobile phones it shouldn't make a difference since this is just the shattershield lens, I have a Motorola Moto X Force and replaced it at least twice, the last one was provided by Motorola UK but in this case the phone was bought directly on Motorola UK website but the hardware, in terms of screen, is the same for replacement from a Motorola from T-Mobile or UK Retail, it's not like needing a full board.

Top Kudoed Authors