Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto Z Phones - Mod CapableMoto Z Force
All Forum Topics
Options

1 Posts

08-28-2018

United States of America

1 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 21 of 47

Re: Slow charging notification annoying especially after latest update

2018-08-28, 20:48 PM

I would love to know the fix too! My phone freezes up on me when I'm trying to use it when it's plugged in to a slow charger at my desk at work because it's too busy telling me that it's charging slowly and that I should plug-in the charger that came with my phone! Sometimes it even overrides the "slow charging" notification with a second identical "slow charging" notification. It's quite maddening.

Options

14293 Posts

03-05-2018

United States of America

1313 Signins

178190 Page Views

• Views: 178190
  • Message 22 of 47

2018-09-03, 17:35 PM

Hi jamieschlenker,

Thanks for posting. Are you using the original charger for the phone? Is there any certain level of phone battery charged when you receive this message?

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

Did someone help you today? Click the thumbs up button to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

1 Posts

09-14-2018

United States of America

2 Signins

6 Page Views

• Views: 6
  • Message 23 of 47

2018-09-14, 15:21 PM

So I figured out how to stop the notification, but I will warn you all that I do not recommend using this unless you are fairly proficient with smartphones, as what we will be doing will disable the System UI from notifying you about ANYTHING. 

Once the notification pops up, long press on it and an option will appear to view "All Categories" settings for System UI. Once you press that, select the "Alerts" option. Then select "Importance" and set it to "Low". This will allow the notification to appear when the charger is first plugged in, but it will not create and vibrations or sounds.

As I mentioned, don't do this unless you consider yourself proficient with these devices, as not receiving alerts from System UI can have bad reprocussions if you don't know how to easily turn them on, or how to diagnose phone problems.

Options

3 Posts

01-17-2010

United States of America

3 Signins

59 Page Views

• Views: 59
  • Message 24 of 47

2018-10-14, 16:22 PM

Motorola clearly has an issue with this phone and its System Notifications. This stupid slow charging alert goes off ALL THE TIME! Sometimes 4 and 5 times in rapid succession.

I have two different Tumi battery packs, and the phone alerts all the time on them as well on any "slow" charger, which I'm convinced is an arbitrary notion to the O/S drivers.

It's also not limited to the Slow Charging notification. I travel out-of-country all the time, and the "Voice and data roaming" alert behaves the same way!

Over and over and over...my only recourse is to snooze the alerts, and that's only good for 2 hours at a time (I don't think it actually stays muted for the full 2 hours).

This is a stupid blemish on what otherwise would be a good phone.

I'm on my second O/S update @ version ODXS27.109-34-17. I'm giving it one more update to fix, then it's back to Samsung. This is ridiculous.

Options

14293 Posts

03-05-2018

United States of America

1313 Signins

178190 Page Views

• Message 25 of 47

2018-10-16, 19:52 PM

Hi FredMBarrett,

Thanks for posting here. Sorry to know about that. I'd like to help. Please update your profile with current phone, carrier and serial number -- this will help me investigate. Please make sure that the options under Settings > Motorola Privacy are on as well, and let me know (just reply here) if it's okay for me to look at your apps to see if they are a source of problems.

Need help updating your profile? See here

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

Did someone help you today? Click the thumbs up button to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

1 Posts

10-17-2018

United States of America

1 Signins

11 Page Views

• Views: 11
  • Message 26 of 47

2018-10-17, 15:54 PM
The notification pop-up does not stay on the screen long enough to get a screenshot. I get a double tap and then it disappears. 30 seconds later I get another double tap and then it disappears. This is only happening on my Moto Z Force, it's not happening on my husband's. It started after the last update and it is hugely irritating.
Options

14293 Posts

03-05-2018

United States of America

1313 Signins

178190 Page Views

• Message 27 of 47

2018-10-18, 17:52 PM

Hi SDQuilter,

Thanks for posting. I'd like to help. May I know what troubleshooting steps you've done so far? Let me know, so we can omit doing the same troubleshooting steps you've tried. Thank you. 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

Options

3 Posts

01-17-2010

United States of America

3 Signins

59 Page Views

• Views: 59
  • Message 28 of 47

2018-10-19, 10:54 AM

I have updated my profile to include the requested phone information. I do not see how specific apps would affect System Notifications, but have at it!

Options

1 Posts

11-01-2018

United States of America

4 Signins

18 Page Views

• Views: 18
  • Message 29 of 47

2018-11-01, 14:25 PM

We are having this same problem and it is very, very annoying.  We cannot figure out a way to disable or at the very least slow down the notifications from every 30 seconds.  Lenovo, you need to fix this asap.   We are not going to run out and buy new chargers just to get rid of this. 

Options

1 Posts

11-03-2018

United States of America

1 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 30 of 47

2018-11-03, 6:21 AM

Has anybody figured out a solution with the constant "slow charging" notification? It's driving me absolutely insane, like you guys and I do not want to have to go buy a new charger. I've had to leave my phone on silent 24/7 because of this and I've missed important messages / phone calls. Motorola PLEASE PLEASE patch this ASAP!

-Alex States

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms