Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 1,387
Message 31 of 41

Re: Slow charging notification annoying especially after latest update

Hi Everyone,

Are we using the original turbo charger of the phone? Let's try booting the phone in safemode, I'm thinking if the slow charging notification is due to some apps running in the background. 

To Enable Safe Mode
1. Press and hold the Power button until Power off comes up on the screen.
2. Touch and HOLD Power off on the screen until reboot to safe mode appears.

Let me know. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

bubba2410
What's DOS?
Views: 1,102
Message 32 of 41

I solved this problem by disabling System UI notification in Settings. To do this, go to System Settings -> Apps & Notifications -> Notifications -> Notifications. Tap the triple-dot in the upper right and select Show System, then scroll down the list of apps to System UI and select it. Tap on Alerts, then tap on Importance. Select Low, then exit out and you should be good.

bubba2410
What's DOS?
Views: 1,100
Message 33 of 41

I solved this problem by disabling System UI notification in Settings. To do this, go to System Settings -> Apps & Notifications -> Notifications -> Notifications. Tap the triple-dot in the upper right and select Show System, then scroll down the list of apps to System UI and select it. Tap on Alerts, then tap on Importance. Select Low, then exit out and you should be good.

@JFTX wrote:

My Moto force updated last week.  I have a charger at my desk that is not the OEM charger.  I do not care that it is not the fast charger.  I get a notification and buzz every 30 seconds that it is charging slow.  There has got to be a way to disable the notification or dismiss it.  Who cares if it is slow charging? 

Does anybody know a way to disable this notification?

Thanks!

smarlow
What's DOS?
Views: 833
Message 34 of 41

Your suggestion resolved the problem for me, thank you for posting it! 

dlborges
What's DOS?
Views: 512
Message 35 of 41

This is the solution, as soon as i did this that absolutely annoying and intrusive slow charging message is gone. I'm surprised the Lenovo Techs don't just post something very simple about how to disable this.

BigRunner
Paper Tape
Views: 458
Message 36 of 41

I signed up for an account, just so I could give you a Kudos. Well done!

You provided the solution that stopped this incredibly annoying buzzing sound.

I have the Moto Z Force Droid. The battery drains very fast, with no apps running, so I have to keep it plugged in.
Highlighted
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 443
Message 37 of 41

Hi BigRunner,

Thanks for posting on the thread. May I know what have you tried so far? Please update your profile with current phone, carrier and serial number -- this will help me investigate. Please make sure that the options under Settings > Motorola Privacy are on as well, and let me know (just reply here) if it's okay for me to look at your apps to see if they are a source of problems.

Need help updating your profile? See here

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

BigRunner
Paper Tape
Views: 420
Message 38 of 41

Thank you for coming to my aid. I updated my profile, and you may take a look. Any suggestions appreciated.

I did a factory reset of my phone, but mainly to incorporate my micro memory card into one drive.
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 395
Message 39 of 41

Hi BigRunner,

Thanks for updating your profile, however, I can't pull up any results with the serial number provided. Please double-check it's correct. Also, in the meantime, I recommend testing another turbocharger. check if there's one in the Verizon store to test it with your phone. Let me know. 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

BigRunner
Paper Tape
Views: 363
Message 40 of 41

My phone turned of with 50% battery charge today. The problem is the same or worse.

I was not sure what you meant by turbocharger, but then I found my old charger that stopped working a long time ago.  I'm assuming this is what you mean. I plugged it in and it actually started charging my phone. I tried booting the phone, and it went into a power on and off cycle where the phone would not fully turn on. I unplugged it and flipped the plug to the charge port and let it rest for 5 minutes to charge. I've had problems getting it to connect and charge properly within the first 6 months of ownership - disappointing.

It shows the lightening bolt icon, but my battery is still draining fast, even with it plugged in.

I have been sent to Verizon stores before, but I do not recall getting much help. I don't want to make a wasted trip.

How do I get the proper charger and will that resolve this issue with the battery?  Can you send me one?

I double checked my serial number, and it appears correct!  I capitalized the letters so that it matches exactly, but the letters, numbers and order of the serial number are the same.  Please double check what you are entering. 

I added the IMEI number in the private notes section since you are having trouble with the serial number.

Top Kudoed Authors