Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
motoz2forcemp
Paper Tape
Views: 1,021
Message 1 of 8

Slow charging notification with moto power pack

I've had my z2 Force for over a year now and really like it.  When I first got the phone, I got the Turbopower Pack mod and it worked really well.  However, as time went on I got less and less battery out of it until I basically had none. I had a hard time finding a new one for a reasonable price so instead I bought a moto power pack from Motorola.

It arrived and I plugged it in for the night to charge.  I still have the original charger that came with the phone.  Late at night I was woken up to my phone beeping at me every minute or so, telling me the phone was slow charging.  I ended up taking the battery off.  It happened the next night as well.

It looks like once the phone is fully charged and it starts charging the moto power pack that the z2 force is also being charged but slowly.

Here are some screenshots:

https://i.imgur.com/QTFytdA.png

https://i.imgur.com/0UbR87U.png

If I long press and hold the error I get the System UI notifications, but I am a little hesitant to uncheck the "Allow notification dot" because I don't really know what that will do.

Is there anything I can do to stop the constant beeping?  I either can't charge my moto mod or I can't get a full night sleep.

My phone just recently updated, my version is:

ODXS27.109-34-17-3-3 (Android 8.0.0)

motoz2forcemp
Paper Tape
Views: 829
Message 2 of 8

Re: Slow charging notification with moto power pack

Anyone have any ideas?  I either can't charge the moto mod power pack at night or I get woken up.

sajokaz
Bit Torrent
Views: 826
Message 3 of 8

I'm not sure what to suggest.  I have never noticed my Z2 behaving this way when charging with any of my battery Mods (I have a Moto Power Pack, a Moto Turbo Mod and an Incipio Off Grid).  I have never noticed any slow charging notifications that wake me up at night.  If it is happening it doesn't wake me.

~Scott
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 627
Message 4 of 8

Hi motoz2forcemp,

Let's first make sure that the moto mod has the latest update. Attach the mod to your phone > Settings > Moto Mod > System/Software Update. Let me know. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

motoz2forcemp
Paper Tape
Views: 595
Message 5 of 8

Moto Mod software is up to date.

I did find the problem, it was with the USB charger in the wall.  I tried a few different cables and they all did the same thing.  I downloaded Accubattery and found that the phone was only getting around 1A of power when plugged in.  I got a new wall plug and now it's charging at over 2A and I am no longer getting the slow charging notification.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 576
Message 6 of 8

@motoz2forcemp wrote:

Moto Mod software is up to date.

I did find the problem, it was with the USB charger in the wall.  I tried a few different cables and they all did the same thing.  I downloaded Accubattery and found that the phone was only getting around 1A of power when plugged in.  I got a new wall plug and now it's charging at over 2A and I am no longer getting the slow charging notification.

Glad to know about that but I'd like to confirm, are you using an original turbo charger?

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

motoz2forcemp
Paper Tape
Views: 547
Message 7 of 8

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 496
Message 8 of 8

@motoz2forcemp wrote:

Yes, here are some pictures of it.

https://i.imgur.com/I3YyWgK.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/Ii2jkvs.jpg

Great. Let me know if you need further help. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

Top Kudoed Authors