Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
atlmrperson
What's DOS?
Views: 932
Message 1 of 7

Small black semi circle on left edge of screen

I just unboxed a brand new AT&T Z2 today and noticed a black semi circle on the left edge of the screen when I turned it on.  It stays there regardless of the screen I'm on (including the splash screen at boot up).  When I change to the horizontal orientation, it remains in the same spot and does not move.  When I take a screenshot, it is not showing in the image.

Is this something that would be covered under the warranty?  I'm reluctant to return it because I got it for a really good price during Motorola's 1-day sale. Does the warranty repair cost anything?

sajokaz
Bit Torrent
Views: 926
Message 2 of 7

Re: Small black semi circle on left edge of screen

If you just opened the box today, that should be covered under the warranty free of charge.

~Scott
atlmrperson
What's DOS?
Views: 854
Message 3 of 7

Thanks Scott!  For some reason, the system says my warranty is expired.  I submitted a ticket with my purchase invoice.  Hopefully, that gets it corrected.

sajokaz
Bit Torrent
Views: 850
Message 4 of 7

I had an issue like that once, where the warranty info on the My Stuff page didn't display correct information.  The Moto Customer Support folks helped get it straightened out for me.  Hopefully they can for you too, you should have the normal 12 month manufacturer warranty.

~Scott
Ksanderash
Punch Card
Views: 499
Message 5 of 7

Warranty is expired because you bought cheap subsidized AT&T device ($99-229), that's way )

Let's hope they'll cover you with additional care, but I'm not sure. Please, post the progress!

sajokaz
Bit Torrent
Views: 494
Message 6 of 7

@Ksanderash wrote:

Warranty is expired because you bought cheap subsidized AT&T device ($99-229), that's way )

Let's hope they'll cover you with additional care, but I'm not sure. Please, post the progress!

The sale price (it was a sale...not a cheap version of the normal Z2 phone) should have no affect on the normal 12 month warranty.  The manufacturuer (Moto in this case) provides the same warranty whether the price is full price, or on sale.

~Scott
atlmrperson
What's DOS?
Views: 245
Message 7 of 7

That's correct. They just needed me to send a copy of my invoice, and the warranty updated to Dec 2019. I'm sending the phone in for repair/replace, but the rep told me I'd get sent back a Like-New phone for an issue like this.
Top Kudoed Authors