Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto Z Phones - Mod CapableMoto Z Force
All Forum Topics
Options

98 Posts

05-26-2010

United States of America

171 Signins

2060 Page Views

• Views: 2060
  • Message 1 of 33

Stop Wireless Charging from turning on display?

2017-10-25, 14:32 PM

This is an annoyance that I can't seem to fix.  When I have the Z Force with Wireless Charging on my pad and the phone hits 100% charge, the display turns on and stays on.  It doesn't matter that I have 30 second sleep, this phone lights up in the middle of the night.   I set it to dimmest level, Attentive Display is off under Moto Actions, I even put a cover in front of the screen to block the sensor but the screen comes on & stays on long after the normal sleep timeout setting.

Any suggestions on how to disable the "wake on charged" light-up?  This only seems to happen on wireless charging, not when plugged in to charge.

Options

2438 Posts

12-19-2016

Philippines

477 Signins

37577 Page Views

• Views: 37577
  • Message 2 of 33

Re: Stop Wireless Charging from turning on display?

2017-10-25, 21:53 PM

wrote:

This is an annoyance that I can't seem to fix.  When I have the Z Force with Wireless Charging on my pad and the phone hits 100% charge, the display turns on and stays on.  It doesn't matter that I have 30 second sleep, this phone lights up in the middle of the night.   I set it to dimmest level, Attentive Display is off under Moto Actions, I even put a cover in front of the screen to block the sensor but the screen comes on & stays on long after the normal sleep timeout setting.

Any suggestions on how to disable the "wake on charged" light-up?  This only seems to happen on wireless charging, not when plugged in to charge.

Hi cwnascar3

Can you send us the make/model of your wireless charger? Can you also update your profile with the serial/IMEI/MEID number of your Z Force phone? This will help us investigate. Make sure that your Motorola Privacy is enabled.

Please check the link and update your profile here

Regards,
Ella
Motorola Support

Options

3764 Posts

04-04-2013

United States of America

2721 Signins

25630 Page Views

• Views: 25630
  • Message 3 of 33

2017-10-25, 23:20 PM

I have no idea what might be causing that & am not aware of any Setting within the phone that controls this behavior.  I can say that I charge my Z Force & wife's Z Play Droid uisng wireless chargers quite often and our screens do not turn on and stay on when they reach 100%.

~Scott
Options

98 Posts

05-26-2010

United States of America

171 Signins

2060 Page Views

• Message 4 of 33

2017-10-26, 13:14 PM

wrote:

wrote:

Hi cwnascar3

Can you send us the make/model of your wireless charger? Can you also update your profile with the serial/IMEI/MEID number of your Z Force phone? This will help us investigate. Make sure that your Motorola Privacy is enabled.

Regards,
Ella
Motorola Support

I've updated the profile with the current info, both Motorola Privacy settings (Help Improve & Enhanced Device Support) are enabled.  The chargers are Verizon Model VZW3COIL-WC, 5W Output chargers.  I have 3 of them, one at my office & 2 at home, same issue on all.  I also have a flat pad charger at home that Verizon used to sellm it's made by LG.  I don't have that model handy but the same thing happens on it too. 

Options

98 Posts

05-26-2010

United States of America

171 Signins

2060 Page Views

• Message 5 of 33

2017-10-26, 13:37 PM

Additional info: The lock screen at the bottom says "Charged" when the display comes on after being fully charged on the inductive chargers.

Options

2438 Posts

12-19-2016

Philippines

477 Signins

37577 Page Views

• Views: 37577
  • Message 6 of 33

2017-10-26, 16:37 PM

wrote:

wrote:

wrote:

Hi cwnascar3

Regards,
Ella
Motorola Support

I've updated the profile with the current info, both Motorola Privacy settings (Help Improve & Enhanced Device Support) are enabled.  The chargers are Verizon Model VZW3COIL-WC, 5W Output chargers.  I have 3 of them, one at my office & 2 at home, same issue on all.  I also have a flat pad charger at home that Verizon used to sellm it's made by LG.  I don't have that model handy but the same thing happens on it too. 

Hi cwnascar3

Thanks for the info. Let me share this with the team. We'll send feedback once available. Thanks!

- Ella

Options

3 Posts

11-08-2017

United States of America

5 Signins

66 Page Views

• Views: 66
  • Message 7 of 33

2017-11-08, 4:27 AM

wrote:

wrote:

Hi cwnascar3

Regards,
Ella
Motorola Support

I have been suffering the same problem on 2 Moto phones now, Droid Turbo 2 and Z Force Droid with power pack Moto mod. Charger is Tylt. It's driving me nuts! It lights up to show the charging circle animation, then displays my notifications, then repeats. Seems to happen when the battery is at 100%. I think we need an update to stop this.

Options

98 Posts

05-26-2010

United States of America

171 Signins

2060 Page Views

• Message 8 of 33

2017-11-10, 16:07 PM

This also happened with my Droid Turbo (the first model). Total annoyance.  I got rid of the animation when placing the phone on a charging stand/pad by disabling the app "Inductive Charger".  Doing that does not inhibit inductive charging just the visual annoyance when placed on a charger.  The "fully charged lightup still happens, and woke me at 5:30 this morning by turning on after I forgot to cover the screen at night.  The screen stays on and never dims even with the display timeout set for 15 seconds.

Options

3 Posts

11-08-2017

United States of America

5 Signins

66 Page Views

• Views: 66
  • Message 9 of 33

2017-11-20, 2:41 AM

Thanks! That killed the animation, but the screen does still light up. I think it gets to 100%, stops charging, then after the battery drains a bit, it resumes charging and that's what makes it light up. We need that to stop.

Options

21 Posts

08-15-2017

United States of America

7 Signins

210 Page Views

• Views: 210
  • Message 10 of 33

2017-11-28, 19:42 PM

i still use the wireless induction charger that was sold/branded with the original droid, it works perfectly fine but i do notice the obnoxious looping issue you people are describing if i haven't carefully set it correctly on the induction charger.

FYI: i have the tumi wireless charger/power pack moto mod, just in case the contact point is different depending on mod brand.

the droid branded one frankly is probably slightly too small for this phone so it's somewhat easy to do and also the spot the power pack senses at isn't in the vertical center of the phone either, meaning i have to place my phone somewhat higher up on the charger for it to get a solid connection which doesn't repeatedly get interrupted.

the only thing i can think of for the screen turning on is double check trusted devices and also i notice that if you manually unlock the phone while it's on the induction charger the screen will stay on at least for a very long time if not indefinitely, touch the fingerprint scanner and make sure it's locked should stop that, not sure that's the problem you're having though.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms