Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto Z Phones - Mod CapableMoto Z Force
All Forum Topics
Options

3764 Posts

04-04-2013

United States of America

2721 Signins

25630 Page Views

• Views: 25630
  • Message 11 of 33

Re: Stop Wireless Charging from turning on display?

2017-11-28, 19:46 PM

Correct me if I am wrong, but I don't remember the original Droid having wireless charging functionality back in 2009 when it was introduced.

~Scott
Options

21 Posts

08-15-2017

United States of America

7 Signins

210 Page Views

• Views: 210
  • Message 12 of 33

2017-11-28, 19:47 PM

you're wrong, and now you're corrected.

i never once plugged in my original droid, who can live without induction charging?

edit: additionally it wouldn't make any sense for the charger to be completely and totally unbranded aside from the original droid logo otherwise as seen here:

https://imgur.com/a/R55z6

there's no branding on the underside either, just an FCC compliance sticker and nothing else.

at any rate, sorry for disrupting, but i just LOVE it when some ignorant troll tries to tell me i'm wrong, there you go mister troll, your idiocy is on display, thanks for that, **bleep**tard.

Options

3764 Posts

04-04-2013

United States of America

2721 Signins

25630 Page Views

• Views: 25630
  • Message 13 of 33

2017-11-28, 20:23 PM

Just FYI, I never said anyone was wrong.  I only stated that I didn't think the original Droid from 2009 supported any type of wireless charging.  I thought the first Droid that supported wireless charging was the Droid 4, around 2012.  I could be wrong, and if I am then I am.  I have owned almost every Motorola Droid phone since 2009 and don't remember the early models supporting wireless charging; but i never said anyone was 100% wrong.

As far as trolling, I will let my post count and thumbs up cound over the past 5 years speak for itself. 

As for the charging display issue, I will try to keep an eye on my Z Force and see if i have the same issues as described here.  I haven't noticed it yet, but will try.

~Scott
Options

98 Posts

05-26-2010

United States of America

171 Signins

2060 Page Views

• Views: 2060
  • Message 14 of 33

2017-12-12, 14:01 PM

I have the Tumi wireless on my Z Force as well.  The charger isn't a trusted device and it doesn't matter screen locked or not, the phone keeps coming on when the "CHARGED" message appears on the screen bottom and it stays on.  Covering the screen is only a band-aid to prevent lighting up the room.  Lighting up the screen is a waste, a battery drain on itself and a heat generator.  The wake-up when fully charged ONLY happens for inductive charging and not on plugged-in charging through the USB-C port

Any word yet Lenovo on what's causing it & how to stop it?

Options

2438 Posts

12-19-2016

Philippines

477 Signins

37577 Page Views

• Views: 37577
  • Message 15 of 33

2017-12-19, 18:15 PM

Hi everyone, 

Our Team has tried replication the concern but it doesn't seem to be similar to what you experience though. They already have a team that will investigate this case. 

Please send us a bug report as soon as the issue happens. Bug report will collect information about your current device state which would be truly helpful.

Below are the steps for getting bug report:

1. Go to Settings -> About Phone -> Tap on Build number seven times on the build number to enable a new Settings item, Developer options.
  2. Go to Settings ->Developer options -> Enable USB debugging > Toggle On
  3. Enable Settings -> Developer options -> Enable Bug Report shortcut > Toggle On
  4. Once the issue is reproduced: Go to Settings -> Developer options -> Click on take bug report or Press Power button and then choose Bug Report from the Power down menu.
  5. Wait for some time until the bug report is collected. It takes around 3 to 4 minutes tocollect the Bug Report.
  6. Then upload the BugReport to your personal Google Drive and then share the link tothe BugReport on the forums in a reply or via a private message..
  7. Provide observations of what you saw happen right before the bug report was taken. Please indicate the local time when you observed the behavior.

Regards,

Ella

Motorola Support

Options

98 Posts

05-26-2010

United States of America

171 Signins

2060 Page Views

• Message 16 of 33

2017-12-24, 0:04 AM

wrote:

Hi everyone, 

Our Team has tried replication the concern but it doesn't seem to be similar to what you experience though. They already have a team that will investigate this case. 

Please send us a bug report as soon as the issue happens. Bug report will collect information about your current device state which would be truly helpful.

1. Go to Settings -> About Phone -> Tap on Build number seven times on the build number to enable a new Settings item, Developer options.
  3. Enable Settings -> Developer options -> Enable Bug Report shortcut > Toggle On
  4. Once the issue is reproduced: Go to Settings -> Developer options -> Click on take bug report or Press Power button and then choose Bug Report from the Power down menu.
  5. Wait for some time until the bug report is collected. It takes around 3 to 4 minutes tocollect the Bug Report.
  6. Then upload the BugReport to your personal Google Drive and then share the link tothe BugReport on the forums in a reply or via a private message..
  7. Provide observations of what you saw happen right before the bug report was taken. Please indicate the local time when you observed the behavior.

Regards,

Ella

Motorola Support

I sent a PM to you with a Google Drive link to a folder with 3 bug reports taken after my screen lit up with a "Charged" message"  Please let me know if you can access the files.

Thanks,

Craig

Options

98 Posts

05-26-2010

United States of America

171 Signins

2060 Page Views

• Message 17 of 33

2018-01-02, 15:44 PM

wrote:

Hi everyone, 

Regards,

Ella

Motorola Support

I have posted additional bug reports in my Google Drive folder, the link is in the PM previously sent to you.  I now have 6 bug reports posted.

Options

2438 Posts

12-19-2016

Philippines

477 Signins

37577 Page Views

• Views: 37577
  • Message 18 of 33

2018-01-12, 17:47 PM

wrote:

wrote:

Hi everyone, 

Regards,

Ella

Motorola Support

I have posted additional bug reports in my Google Drive folder, the link is in the PM previously sent to you.  I now have 6 bug reports posted.

Hi cwnascar3

Can you provide a video specifically including the Wireless charger LED so we can see what is going on? In our cases of replication it turned out currently to be the device is not placed optimally in the wireless charging dock and it causes it to go in and out of charging. 

No worries, there is already a team checking on the bug report you sent. 

- Ella

Options

3 Posts

11-08-2017

United States of America

5 Signins

66 Page Views

• Views: 66
  • Message 19 of 33

2018-01-12, 22:04 PM

I confirmed my Moto Z-force Droid with Power Pack mod is lighting up as charging randomly stops/starts while sitting still on the charging pad. An update to prevent the screen coming on in response to wireless charging would solve the whole issue. That, or make Do Not Disturb override it.

Options

98 Posts

05-26-2010

United States of America

171 Signins

2060 Page Views

• Message 20 of 33

2018-01-14, 1:07 AM
The phone was sitting on the charger steadily charging, no flickering in and out of charge mode as if improperly positioned. Sitting on the angled charger and centered between left and right side. It's a triple coil charger so height of the phone placement isn't a factor - coils are all along the elevated stand. https://www.verizonwireless.com/accessories/sma-verizon-qi-wireless-charging-stand/
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms