Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto Z Phones - Mod CapableMoto Z Force
All Forum Topics
Options

184 Posts

08-11-2010

United States of America

464 Signins

8185 Page Views

• Views: 8185
  • Message 31 of 33

Re: Stop Wireless Charging from turning on display?

2018-07-31, 22:07 PM

FWIW, I am running the Incipio Wireless Offgrid Power Pack and mine does the same.  But to answer your question, yes - essentially, you have to be using some kind of a Mod as the Z Force doesn't have wireless charging capability within itself.

I too am using the Verizon Qi Wirless Charging Stand, that was part of my Turbo 2 bundle, which did have native wireless charging. The stand seems to work fine.

I am using the Clock Screen Saver, while on the charging stand and while I don't get that white Notification breakthru some are reporting in this thread, I do notice the green circles every once in a while as seen in that video yooooojr posted.  Irritating yes, but not nearly as upsetting as a white notifcation card that would light up the room. Either way, it would be nice to fix both.

I will mention one other oddity that I have noticed.  With the Turbo 2, the stands lower red light would stay on only until the battery got to 100%.  Then it would go off for a bit, and then back on when the battery percentage dropped.  However, with the Z Force, the red light stays on all the time, even after the battery is at 100%.  I reported this during the soak and worried about about possible overcharging, but never got a response. So, I trust this isn't an issue?  Might be something else to ask while you're at it?

Thanks Rich

Options

13419 Posts

03-05-2018

United States of America

1274 Signins

172775 Page Views

• Views: 172775
  • Message 32 of 33

Re: Stop Wireless Charging from turning on display?

2018-08-09, 14:56 PM

Hi mrmagloo,

I have this one escalated since I responded here. For now, let's wait until we have an update from the Product Teams. Our team is working together to investigate this. I'll keep you guys updated. Thank you. 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

Did someone help you today? Click the thumbs up button to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

1 Posts

12-11-2020

United States of America

1 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 33 of 33

Re:Stop Wireless Charging from turning on display?

2020-12-11, 18:02 PM

Did we get any resolution to this?  I disabled the inductive charging app and that seemed to stop the charging animation, but it still unlocks my phone and sits on the homescreen until that times out.  That is very annoying.  I just want to place it on the wireless charger and have it charge without the screen doing anything.

For background I have the Moto Z2 Force (AT&T version) with an incipio battery mod with qi charging.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms