Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Paper Tape
Message 1 of 6 (116 Views)

Syncing with MacBook Pro

I've been using a Moto Z Force now for a couple of months, and would like to backup my photos, and I am having issues with my computer (MacBook Pro running OS X Sierra 10.12.3) detecting my phone. Android File Transfer will display it, however as far as it popping up as a removable device, it's just not showing. Are there any additional drivers I can download or anything?

Thanks!

Bit Torrent
Message 2 of 6 (113 Views)

Re: Syncing with MacBook Pro

When your phone is first connected, do you see a Notification with options?  It may be set to charge only by default, and tapping the Notification opens other options like File Transfer.

Another possible alternative is the built in File Manager app.  It has an option to connect to the phone via WiFi and copy files.  File Manager > 3 line menu > Remote Management > follow the on screen instructions.  It works pretty good on my Z Force and a WIN 7 laptop to copy files back & forth.

~Scott
Paper Tape
Message 3 of 6 (109 Views)

I'll have to give the built in file manager application a shot! I've switched it over to file transfer mode and tried that, but no dice..

I should have prefaced with the fact that I'm a recent iPhone convert, and my only real experience with android was hacking my old WebOS HP TouchPad, and putting a version on it, and the old, original Motorola Droid phone..

Paper Tape
Message 4 of 6 (93 Views)

The FTP works... at least as far as a basic file transfer.. would still like to do it wired so it's a bit quicker, but for now, I'll take it! Thanks..

Moto Sr Moderator
Message 5 of 6 (88 Views)

kkjcarlson wrote:

I've been using a Moto Z Force now for a couple of months, and would like to backup my photos, and I am having issues with my computer (MacBook Pro running OS X Sierra 10.12.3) detecting my phone. Android File Transfer will display it, however as far as it popping up as a removable device, it's just not showing. Are there any additional drivers I can download or anything?

Thanks!

On a mac, the phone will not show up as a removable device. You use the android file transfer window along with a finder window to drag and drop files between Mac and Android. You do have to enable MTP mode on the phone (notification bar pull down) to see files and folders in the AFT window. 

* Search is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Paper Tape
Message 6 of 6 (86 Views)

AlphaDog wrote:

On a mac, the phone will not show up as a removable device. You use the android file transfer window along with a finder window to drag and drop files between Mac and Android. You do have to enable MTP mode on the phone (notification bar pull down) to see files and folders in the AFT window. 

Thank you for the help!

Top Kudoed Authors