Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ddufsdE
Punch Card
Views: 398
Message 2 of 10

USB notification not showing anymore when connected to PC via USB Cable

I have a Moto Z2  running 9.0 that is now on Consumer Cellular (New Sim card) my PC doesn't show my phone when connected thru USB it will charge thru USB but no data transfers. And no USB notification symbols in drop-down. The phone recognizes my SD card I can't transfer anyting from it. 

Velius
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 516
Message 1 of 10

After updating to Android 9 my computer doesn't recognize my Z2 Force, it's a mess!

Hi, I update recently to Android 9 (never have tried to do this) and now my computer doesn't recognize my Z2 Force, now it's real that Android 9 is a dissaster. I endured other issues of this OS, like the ugly black and white menus, with no option for colors, or the lack in battery saver of lowering the screen bright further, or the ugly (again) only black or white option on the call screen, or when you restart the phone it takes long time to load the screen widgets. Nothing of this happened with Android 8. So far issues about design and some about efficiency. But now is a real issue, now I can not plug in my phone to my computer and transfer data, this is real frustrating! This version of Android is real crap!

ddufsdE
Punch Card
Views: 397
Message 3 of 10

PC not seeing Moto Z2

I have a Moto Z2  running 9.0 that is now on Consumer Cellular (New Sim card) my PC doesn't show my phone when connected thru USB it will charge thru USB but no data transfers. And no USB notification symbols in drop-down. The phone recognizes my SD card I can't transfer anyting from it. 

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 385
Message 4 of 10

Re: PC not seeing Moto Z2

Hi ddufsdE,

You can manually set the USB configuration via Developer Options.

To enable developer options:
1. Go to Settings > System > About phone > Build number
2. Tap Build number seven times. After the first few taps, you should see the steps counting down until you unlock the developer options. Once activated, you will see a message that reads, “You are now a developer!”
3. Go back to Settings, where you’ll find a Developer options entry in the menu

Open Developer Options > Default USB configuration > File Transfer

Let me know if that helps. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

ddufsdE
Punch Card
Views: 374
Message 5 of 10

Thank you. My PC still won't see Moto Z2 charges with USB  still. 

ddufsdE
Punch Card
Views: 370
Message 6 of 10

This was happening before the P 9.0 update. not sure what happened PC just stopped seeing Moto Z2. 

Velius
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 296
Message 7 of 10

Re: After updating to Android 9 my computer doesn't recognize my Z2 Force, it's a mess!

Ok. this was time consuming, in the end I could kind of solve the problem, although in a complicated way. I had to install into the PC a pack of USB drivers from Microsoft for mobile devices . After that the 'USB debugging' (that was enabled before this drivers installation, but doesn't work at all) finally works, but with some difficulty, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. Now sometimes the PC recognize the Z2. That's, at least, is a kind of solution, since before, after Pie update, the PC didn't recognize it at all. Is the best so far I can do.

ddufsdE
Punch Card
Views: 135
Message 8 of 10

This did not work. My PC will not see my Moto Z2. And no USB NOTIFICATION on phone when it plugged into PC.
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 90
Message 9 of 10

Re: After updating to Android 9 my computer doesn't recognize my Z2 Force, it's a mess!

Hello,

Thanks for trying the suggestions. Here are the drivers we can try. Kindly check this link and download the drivers for your PC: https://support.motorola.com/us/en/drivers. Let me know if that helps. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Highlighted
ddufsdE
Punch Card
Views: 59
Message 10 of 10

I downloaded the USB drivers for my MotoZ2 force windows 10 but my PC still isn't seeing my phone. It must be something in Windows that stopping it from seeing it. Im using a Motorola Turbo Charging and Data cord the file transfer is clicked thru the Developer settings when it's connected by USB I still don't have a USB symbol in drop-down. This phone was connecting BEFORE the OREO update now with PIE still nothing. I guess I'll just take out the SD card and try to transfer to PC. and other suggestions???? TY

Top Kudoed Authors