Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fanfold Paper
Message 1 of 2 (118 Views)

Unable to use Skype/WhatsApp Calling/Hangouts on Moto Z Force

[ Edited ]

I use Skype daily to talk to make international calls to friends and family, however since Friday afternoon I've not been able to use any of these platforms.  The other side can hear me fine but to me the call is constantly breaking up in addition to it sounding like the other person is under water.  I have these issues on wifi and my mobile network, and all these platforms work on my laptop howver I prefer to use my phone with the JBL speaker so I can actually hear.  (My laptop's speakers are absolutely pitiful).  Normal domestic calls work fine, and I've already tried uninstalling/re-installing every one of those apps but nothing has worked.  Please let me know if there's any other trouble shooting I should be attempting.  Thanks.

Senior MotoAgent
Message 2 of 2 (51 Views)

Re: Unable to use Skype/WhatsApp Calling/Hangouts on Moto Z Force

Cale wrote:

I use Skype daily to talk to make international calls to friends and family, however since Friday afternoon I've not been able to use any of these platforms.  The other side can hear me fine but to me the call is constantly breaking up in addition to it sounding like the other person is under water.  I have these issues on wifi and my mobile network, and all these platforms work on my laptop howver I prefer to use my phone with the JBL speaker so I can actually hear.  (My laptop's speakers are absolutely pitiful).  Normal domestic calls work fine, and I've already tried uninstalling/re-installing every one of those apps but nothing has worked.  Please let me know if there's any other trouble shooting I should be attempting.  Thanks.

Hi Cale,

This is unusual especially since domestic calls work just fine. Are all your apps updated? Did you recently install any other app/s before this issue started?

Please test in safe mode. No third-party apps will run in safe mode so kindly check if you will have the same issue using Hangouts. Safe mode steps are here. Let us know what happens.

Regards,

JM

Motorola Support

Top Kudoed Authors