Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fanfold Paper
Message 1 of 4 (363 Views)

Updated: Moto Force Droid Wireless Charging

My Motorola Force Droid was updated to Android version 7.7.1 and NCL26.118-23-1 on 8-29-2017

I performed the clear cache partition procedure

I have the Tumi wireless charging pwer pack model # TUMO-0008-BLKMET-V and Verizon wireless charger model # VZW3COIL-WC

Overnight I charged the phone with the battery pack attached using the Motorola Turbo Power charger so the phone and battery pack were at 100%

I setup my wireless charger at my desk at 7am this morning and attached the phone.

75 minutes later the phone is at 74% power and the battery pack is at 30% power

So tell me Motorola what is going on with this set up?  The wireless charger/wireless pack has NEVER worked and I am not a happy camper

Senior MotoAgent
Message 2 of 4 (327 Views)

Re: Updated: Moto Force Droid Wireless Charging

orgullodemexico wrote:

My Motorola Force Droid was updated to Android version 7.7.1 and NCL26.118-23-1 on 8-29-2017

I performed the clear cache partition procedure

I have the Tumi wireless charging pwer pack model # TUMO-0008-BLKMET-V and Verizon wireless charger model # VZW3COIL-WC

Overnight I charged the phone with the battery pack attached using the Motorola Turbo Power charger so the phone and battery pack were at 100%

I setup my wireless charger at my desk at 7am this morning and attached the phone.

75 minutes later the phone is at 74% power and the battery pack is at 30% power

So tell me Motorola what is going on with this set up?  The wireless charger/wireless pack has NEVER worked and I am not a happy camper

Hi orgullodemexico

Have you observed the phone with no power pack attached to see how it performs? We need to make sure if it's the phone or the power pack which is behaving such. It is possible that the phone consumes the battery of the power pack that is why it has dropped to 30%.

Meanwhile, to calibrate the battery, press and hold the Power button until the screen goes dark, about 7-10 seconds. When the screen goes dark, release the Power button and the phone will automatically reboot. Plug the phone in and let it charge overnight, using only the charger that came in the box with the phone. Observe the battery performance within 24 hours.

On your power pack, please reset the Power Pack by pressing and holding the battery check button for several seconds, until the light blinks green. Let us know how it goes.

Would you also please update your profile with the serial/IMEI/MEID number of your phone? This will help us investigate. Make sure that your Motorola Privacy is enabled.

Please check the link and update your profile here.

Regards,
Ella
Motorola Support

Fanfold Paper
Message 3 of 4 (270 Views)

Moto_Ella  since your response on 9-19-2017 I have performed the following

1)  The phone with no power pack performs fine

2)  Per your request I calibrated the battery

3)  Per your request I reset the battery pack - The battery went green

4)  My profile does include my phones IMEI number

5)  Additional info:

On 9-20-2017 at 12:30 hours the phone/battery pack was at 100%/100%  I put the phone on wireless charger and at 1500 hours (2 hours later) the phone/battery pack was at 64%/88%

On 9-21-2017 I charged the phone/battery back to 100%/100%  I placed the phone on the wireless charger and at 1445 hours the phone/battery pack was at 85%/90%

Basically the phone/battery pack discharges while on the wireless charger.   Why???

Senior MotoAgent
Message 4 of 4 (212 Views)

[ Edited ]

orgullodemexico wrote:

Moto_Ella  since your response on 9-19-2017 I have performed the following

1)  The phone with no power pack performs fine

2)  Per your request I calibrated the battery

3)  Per your request I reset the battery pack - The battery went green

4)  My profile does include my phones IMEI number

5)  Additional info:

On 9-20-2017 at 12:30 hours the phone/battery pack was at 100%/100%  I put the phone on wireless charger and at 1500 hours (2 hours later) the phone/battery pack was at 64%/88%

On 9-21-2017 I charged the phone/battery back to 100%/100%  I placed the phone on the wireless charger and at 1445 hours the phone/battery pack was at 85%/90%

Basically the phone/battery pack discharges while on the wireless charger.   Why???

Hi orgullodemexico

Sorry for the delayed response. May I ask, if you have tried using a different power pack? Have you updated your Tumi's software? Just go to Settings > Moto Mods > About this Moto Mod > Software updates. 

We are still checking on this and we'll send you feedback once available.

- Ella

Top kudoed Authors