Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
jimcapraro
Punch Card
Views: 451
Message 1 of 1

Using Insta Share Projector to display client presentations

I posted this in the Moto Z phones forum - thought this use-case might be useful for some folks here. 

I use my Moto Force z2 DROID Insta Share Projector to make client presentations from my Chromebook. It will also work from any laptop that has ability to cast to a Chromecast device.

Install this app on your Moto Z2 - free trial with limited time display - $3.99 to purchase: CastReceiver (disclaimer: I have no personal interest in this app other than happily using it).

This app turns your phone into a chromecast receviver. Your phone will appear in your Chromebook or Laptop's Chromecast list along side other chromecast devices on your wifi network. Once you select your phone in the list of your Chromecast devices, your Chromebook laptop display that you have selected to cast will be mirrored on the phone and also on your Insta Share Projector. I also connect an Anker bluetooth speaker to my phone and my presentations can also project sound.

One more tip, If I turn on my phones Mobile hotspot and connect my chromebook to it I don't need to be connected to a wifi network to cast my display to my phone. And, because my phone is connected to 4G, I can still stream online presentations like Prezi and Microsoft sway.

Of course you have to darken the room just like we used to have to do to present Kodak slides from a carousel projector. On the other hand the "Gee whiz"response I get from those I'm presenting to more than compensates for that.

Enjoy,

Jim Capraro

Top Kudoed Authors