Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto Z Phones - Mod CapableMoto Z Force
All Forum Topics
Options

5 Posts

10-30-2017

United States of America

6 Signins

54 Page Views

• Views: 54
  • Message 1 of 11

Volume Up button Not Working Z Force

2017-10-30, 2:26 AM

Hello all,

Yesterday I got the new Moto TurboPower battery mod. I put it on my Z Force and got promoted to update the Moto mod firmware, which I did. After the update my volume up stopped working. I have rebooted numerous times. When I went to enter recovery mode I noticed that the options were scrolling until I pressed the up or down volume buttons. I selected the recovery mode option (wanted to clear cache) and the phone went to another screen that just said No Command (and had a Android mascot). 

So, any suggestions on what this could be? Is it possible to roll back to Moto mod update?

Thanks!

Options

1086 Posts

11-15-2011

United States of America

2115 Signins

18943 Page Views

• Views: 18943
  • Message 2 of 11

Re: Volume Up button Not Working Z Force

2017-10-30, 10:41 AM

I can't address the battery mod issue. But you didn't quite finish the clear cache partition. If your phone screen is still showing  the Android figure, you need to hold the power button and then press the volume up button. You should then see a menu list. Scroll down to Clear cache partition. Press the power button. Then reboot. 

Options

2122 Posts

10-07-2016

Philippines

445 Signins

18733 Page Views

• Views: 18733
  • Message 3 of 11

2017-10-30, 21:05 PM

Hi Dredger, 

Is it not only working if the Mod is attached? What version of Moto Mods does your phone have? 

Regards,

Venice 

Moto Support 

Options

5 Posts

10-30-2017

United States of America

6 Signins

54 Page Views

• Message 4 of 11

2017-10-30, 23:23 PM

Greetings Venice,

It happened after I updated to Moto mod firmware 2.0. The volume won't work regardless of if I have a mod attached or not. 

I didn't really notice at first, I was listening to music on my Bluetooth headphones. I clicked volume up and it didn't get louder so I used the controls on the headphones. It wasn't until a couple hours after I updated that I switched the TurboPower mod with the OG JBL speaker and tried to turn up the volume that I realized the up volume was not working. 

Options

5 Posts

10-30-2017

United States of America

6 Signins

54 Page Views

• Message 5 of 11

2017-10-30, 23:26 PM

Greetings kmf1,

I know I wasn't successful in wiping the cache. I couldn't get any options to come up after going into recovery mode other than the words "no command". I have tried holding the power and pressing up and down but nothing happened. I am wondering if the up button not working is stopping me from scrolling through the options.

Options

2122 Posts

10-07-2016

Philippines

445 Signins

18733 Page Views

• Message 6 of 11

2017-11-01, 21:48 PM

wrote:

Greetings kmf1,

I know I wasn't successful in wiping the cache. I couldn't get any options to come up after going into recovery mode other than the words "no command". I have tried holding the power and pressing up and down but nothing happened. I am wondering if the up button not working is stopping me from scrolling through the options.

Let's see if it's really the Volume Up button that's having an issue. Go to Device Help> Hardware Test> Volume buttons. Let me know. 

-Venice 

Options

5 Posts

10-30-2017

United States of America

6 Signins

54 Page Views

• Message 7 of 11

2017-11-01, 22:57 PM

I didn't mean to hit "Solved". I was trying to edit the post to add "my power button stopped working after running the test. It will turn the screen on but won't turn it off or bring up the "power off/reboot" menu after being held down.

Greetings Venice,

So I did the device help > hardware test > volume buttons test. 

I pressed volume up twice and both clicks registered (this maxed out my volume). I then pressed volume down button twice and both flicks registered. I then tried to press volume up again but it wouldn't register the clicks. I closed the app and reopened and pressed volume up again but the clicks aren't registering.

Options

2122 Posts

10-07-2016

Philippines

445 Signins

18733 Page Views

• Message 8 of 11

2017-11-02, 20:59 PM

wrote:

I didn't mean to hit "Solved". I was trying to edit the post to add "my power button stopped working after running the test. It will turn the screen on but won't turn it off or bring up the "power off/reboot" menu after being held down.

Greetings Venice,

So I did the device help > hardware test > volume buttons test. 

I pressed volume up twice and both clicks registered (this maxed out my volume). I then pressed volume down button twice and both flicks registered. I then tried to press volume up again but it wouldn't register the clicks. I closed the app and reopened and pressed volume up again but the clicks aren't registering.

It's an issue on the Volume Up key then. I would suggest sending it for a repair/ replacement. Please see this link for more information https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/mcp/service/. 

-Venice 

Options

4 Posts

01-18-2018

United States of America

4 Signins

45 Page Views

• Views: 45
  • Message 9 of 11

2018-01-19, 0:09 AM

I followed the steps and did the device help test. (test hardware). Tested volume button, and the test failed. No solution is offered. I should mention that the volume buttons still work for taking screenshot and performing other functions unrelated to volume control. I have the screenshot of the failed test.  This is clearly a software problem. Please help. 

Options

1 Posts

10-05-2017

Brazil

4 Signins

20 Page Views

• Views: 20
  • Message 10 of 11

2018-06-02, 3:12 AM

I had the same touble. The Volume buttons were not working! But your suggestion to use Device Help was GREAT!!! Thanks!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms