Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jeff1965
Paper Tape
Views: 609
Message 1 of 3

Water damaged phone technology

You would think, when we pay as much as we do for our phones, that you would provide a way for your customers to recover pics, video, etc., from a water damaged phone.  We travel to the outer reaches of the solar system, clone cells, and split the atom but we JUST can't comprehend a data recovery solution from a water damaged phone outside of doing a backup with your competitor, Google?  I get the idea that a water damaged phone to Motorola/Lenovo = more $$$ and I have ALREADY purchased another Z2.  You have no one, no team technically adept enough to provide your customers a way to get there files from a water damaged phone outside of telling themto your copetition?

sajokaz
Bit Torrent
Views: 606
Message 2 of 3

Re: Water damaged phone technology

Sorry to hear that your phone is water damaged.  But Google is not the competition.  Google makes the Android software that our phones run on.  Android does back up some data, but most backup requires us, the users, to initiate the backup and have plans in place to receiver the data in the event of emergencies.  I'm guess that's what tech support was trying to get across?

~Scott
Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 579
Message 3 of 3

Re: Water damaged phone technology

@Jeff1965 wrote:

You would think, when we pay as much as we do for our phones, that you would provide a way for your customers to recover pics, video, etc., from a water damaged phone.  We travel to the outer reaches of the solar system, clone cells, and split the atom but we JUST can't comprehend a data recovery solution from a water damaged phone outside of doing a backup with your competitor, Google?  I get the idea that a water damaged phone to Motorola/Lenovo = more $$$ and I have ALREADY purchased another Z2.  You have no one, no team technically adept enough to provide your customers a way to get there files from a water damaged phone outside of telling themto your copetition?

I've always used Google to back everything up on my phone. I can jump to a new phone without any problems.

Google is not a competitor. Apple would be. The phone runs on Android with Google built in. It's always been this way.

Once a phone gets wet there is no way to get information off of it. It doesn't have a hard drive. It's fully electronic. If you soak your laptop maybe the hard drive survives. And that's a maybe. Water and electronic devices do not work with each other. Comparing billion dollar space probes to a cellphone doesn't work. But the space shuttle had a computer system we would laugh at today.

My advice is always backup what you care about. 

Top Kudoed Authors