cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dmock09
Paper Tape
Views: 136
Message 1 of 4

Why are there no Moto Style Shells for sale on the Motorola website?

So I noticed on the Motorola website that most of the Moto Style Shells have been removed from the Motorola website.  And the 2 that are still for sale have been heavily discounted at a clearance prices.  Are these being discontinued?  I lost the Shell that came with my phone so I went looking to buy another one.  I saw a few articles that said Motorola was releasing some new Style Shells made by Corning from Gorilla Glass.  Which is awesome.  There haven't been any new Moto Mods in quite a while and these looked pretty awesome.  So I check on the Motorola website and they aren't available.  Theres pictures of them but no option to buy one.  Just a bunch of reviews raving about how awesome they are.  I check ebay and amazon and theres nothing.  I Google the Expressive Curves Style Shell and realize theres no actual picture of one of these.  Just the promotional pictures taken by Motorola before they were released.  Did these actually exist?  Was this a real thing or did they never come to market like all the other Moto Mods that were supposed to be in the pipeline but never materialized?    

sajokaz
Bit Torrent
Views: 113
Message 2 of 4

Re: Why are there no Moto Style Shells for sale on the Motorola website?

The Gorilla Glass style shells were released in Feb / March 2018 and disappeared by May 2018.  I have been looking for one on every website is know of, for 6 months and cannot find any anywhere.  If you want the fake wood Style Shells there are lots on eBay.  But the Gorilla Glass shells sold out real fast last year and are very hard to find for sale anywhere.  The folks that did buy them don't seem to want to re-sell later.

~Scott
dmock09
Paper Tape
Views: 96
Message 3 of 4

Hey Motorola/Lenovo.  We bought into you're claim that modular phones were the next big thing.  Now all we ask is that you make another run of the glass style shells.  That can't be too much to ask.  The molds must already be made.  Just fill them back up with some more glass and send them out.  You probably won't make millions off of it but you would make your loyal fanbase happy.  And then we would be more likely to buy the next phone or whatever product from Motorola.  I bought an Attic, then a Moto X and now a Moto Z.  But it seems like after buying a phone the support, firmware updates, or promised upcoming Moto mods have been lacking every time.  

Highlighted
dmock09
Paper Tape
Views: 79
Message 4 of 4

@sajokaz wrote:

The Gorilla Glass style shells were released in Feb / March 2018 and disappeared by May 2018.  I have been looking for one on every website is know of, for 6 months and cannot find any anywhere.  If you want the fake wood Style Shells there are lots on eBay.  But the Gorilla Glass shells sold out real fast last year and are very hard to find for sale anywhere.  The folks that did buy them don't seem to want to re-sell later.

Thats really annoying. After I bought my Moto Z I bought the Gamepad and the Turbopower Pack. I kept hearing new mods were being developed and on the way. When no new mods came I stopped checking for new mods. And in that amount of time some really awesome Style Shells came and sold out. I just can't understand why a company would go through the trouble of developing and manufacturing a product just to pull the plug on it a couple months later.

Top Kudoed Authors