Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
secombs
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,005
Message 91 of 136

Re: Z Force keeps turning off

Looks like I am not the only Moto Z user experience g this problem! It started about 4 months ago and there is now consistency to when it happens. I can simply be doing something as simple as scrolling through my app menu or streaming a video and all of a sudden, it shuts off. I plug it back in and it shows power at 60%+.

I think if Lenovo and Motorola want to avoid a class-action lawsuit, they need to resolve this software update issue immediately. This certainly smells of collusion and a conspiracy to defraud customers.

And yes, I have tried all of the troubleshooting tips here to no avail thank you!

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 991
Message 92 of 136

@secombs wrote:

Looks like I am not the only Moto Z user experience g this problem! It started about 4 months ago and there is now consistency to when it happens. I can simply be doing something as simple as scrolling through my app menu or streaming a video and all of a sudden, it shuts off. I plug it back in and it shows power at 60%+.

I think if Lenovo and Motorola want to avoid a class-action lawsuit, they need to resolve this software update issue immediately. This certainly smells of collusion and a conspiracy to defraud customers.

And yes, I have tried all of the troubleshooting tips here to no avail thank you!

Why did you not send it in for service 4 months ago? If you have tried everything, than service and repair is the only way to fix it. 

Bric66
Paper Tape
Views: 987
Message 93 of 136

Because Mister senior moderator... Everything put on here by the Moto people says there's no fix for it that has to be sent in but if it was caused by an update why can't an update fix it or why isn't Moto sending the customers who have these phones and opportunity to get rid of it and put into something else at a similar cost to what this phone is that doesn't have this problem it seems to me you're blaming the customer for this problem on this issue the fault lies with the phone not the customer and I'm saying this with a lot of attitude for you to even suggest it's the customer fault you should be ashamed of yourself and removed from your senior position for even hinting at that
secombs
Blue Screen Again
Views: 984
Message 94 of 136

Why should I have to send in my phone and pay to have it fixed when it was Motorola's/Lenovo's software update that caused the problem? The company's software engineers caused the issue and should be able to create a fix to resolve it.

It isn't as if only one customer has had the issue. Mutliple people have reported it and the number who are experiencing the issue is likely much higher than those who have taken time to try to find a solution. I invested in Moto Mods for the phone and it worked perfectly fine until the software update. If Motorola would like to reimburse the cost of the phone and mods and provide a new phone, I would consider it.

Bric66
Paper Tape
Views: 976
Message 95 of 136

exactly do you think everyone who has had this problem has posted it on here why have Motorola and Lenovo not done something for their customers to help them get out of this problem that was created by the software update why has there not been a software update sent out the fix this issue why have you not sent emails to anybody that you know has this phone why have you not contacted Verizon and every other company to find out their sales records it seems to me the people that are doing something about all your customers who you are blaming for this issue and I am in full agreement unless you do something to fix this problem there's no way I'm going back to Motorola you should be ashamed of it you have tons of people on here that this is happened since the update occurred and yet there hasn't been any resolution your only resolution was to ask a customer why didn't you send it in and have it repaired for months ago at our cost after we invested a whole bunch of money into buying this phone this phone wasn't $50 it wasn't $100 it was several hundred dollars so why don't you reimburse your customers for their inconvenience or do something to fix the problem. I would bet that not even 10% of the people that have this problem have posted it on here I think you should multiply the number of people that have made complaints play several hundred and I agree that this is merely a class action lawsuit for the people that are subjected to a problem that you've known existed and didn't do anything about didn't try to contact your customers about it you left it up to them to try and find out that this issue is wider spread and not every customer knows that what are you doing about that
Bric66
Paper Tape
Views: 967
Message 96 of 136

I think it's hilarious that you don't respond and show any sympathy to your customers about what's happening to them clearly you know there are people out there that are struggling with their phones and having this issue. Where is your resolution other than send your phone in for repair? You don't show any sympathy to your customers and what they're going through and that is soooooo wrong. Why not allow your customers to go and get a different phone receive credit on everything that they've paid already towards this phone. That would be the right thing to do yes I understand it comes at a cost to your company but it's coming at a cost to your customers and to your credibility even more and if you want to save any of that you need to do something for your customers because it's the only way I'm going to have anything good to feel about this situation.
MrLowery
What's DOS?
Views: 954
Message 97 of 136

We should get together a class action lawsuit and sue them if this is the same thing that the happened to the Apple iPhone users

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 948
Message 98 of 136

@Bric66 wrote:
exactly do you think everyone who has had this problem has posted it on here why have Motorola and Lenovo not done something for their customers to help them get out of this problem that was created by the software update why has there not been a software update sent out the fix this issue why have you not sent emails to anybody that you know has this phone why have you not contacted Verizon and every other company to find out their sales records it seems to me the people that are doing something about all your customers who you are blaming for this issue and I am in full agreement unless you do something to fix this problem there's no way I'm going back to Motorola you should be ashamed of it you have tons of people on here that this is happened since the update occurred and yet there hasn't been any resolution your only resolution was to ask a customer why didn't you send it in and have it repaired for months ago at our cost after we invested a whole bunch of money into buying this phone this phone wasn't $50 it wasn't $100 it was several hundred dollars so why don't you reimburse your customers for their inconvenience or do something to fix the problem. I would bet that not even 10% of the people that have this problem have posted it on here I think you should multiply the number of people that have made complaints play several hundred and I agree that this is merely a class action lawsuit for the people that are subjected to a problem that you've known existed and didn't do anything about didn't try to contact your customers about it you left it up to them to try and find out that this issue is wider spread and not every customer knows that what are you doing about that

I don't know if your position is the right one or not, but either way, I'd like an answer to a question/explanation to a scenario (and I do have a Z Force Droid and it doesn't shut down spontaneously):  first, if a software update caused the problem, then every device of the same make/model/etc. that accepted the update and successfully installed it should exhibit the same behavior...would you agree?  If you don't, please explain.  Next, while I agree with you that we see a pretty small percentage of users in here, the real question to me is how many total users are affected by the problem (like you) and how many are not (like me)?  What is the "X factor" that makes it a problem for one, but not the other? 

I don't know if I did something you didn't, or if you did something I didn't.  I don't know how your phone was running before the update or if you installed an app that caused issues or something else.  I don't know.  I know that 4 or 5 years ago, we used to have long discussions about whether or not you should FDR before an update, after an update, before and after an update, or not at all.  We don't talk about that anymore, but for sure, if my phone was acting wonky, I'd backup and FDR before an update.

If you believe you were treated unfairly by Moto Customer Support (you did call them, didn't you?) let us know and we'll escalate to see if something can be done.

And one more thing...forum moderators do our best to treat you as customers like to be treated, but we're not Moto employees...we volunteer to keep the forum operating smoothly.

Highlighted
Bric66
Paper Tape
Views: 935
Message 99 of 136

I do have a possible scenario that would explain why some of the Moto Z-Force phones would be affected in some aren't. You asked me for a possible scenario that would explain that it is possible that the phones manufacturing date might fall within a certain time. Without knowing exactly how each phone was made what computer chips and components went into each if there was a new version of a certain component that could explain as to why and I asked you in Fair return is that not possible? I apologize for suggesting that you're an employee of moto or Lenovo. But I do think as a moto moderator without knowing exactly protocols and connections through this position that you might have it seems like it should be taken to Motorola if you have that capability to do so or other moderators do. if you're a senior moderator that would suggest that you have a certain class or level above just a normal moderator so I guess my question to you would be what do you have at your disposal to go to a supervisor and say we have a pro problem that is happening with this certain type of phone we need to get in contact with Motorola or Lenovo and find out if there were any Manufacturing changes or alteration that was done at any point during the manufacturing that could account for this. I appreciate your kindly response I think I'm just like many others out there that have taken every suggestion to fix this problem and none of them work I would like to know that I purchased a phone for several hundred dollars the I shouldn't have to pay an expense for that seems to coincide with many other of the same model of phone that took place during a software update. I would appreciate it if someone the has the ear of Motorola and or Lenovo to the dress this with them on behalf of their customers I mean nobody wants to get into a class action lawsuit here all we once customers is a resolution that seems fitting and has integrity shown to it that resolves the problem. and like others yes I've taken it and was told that it had to be repaired but I don't think that should be my cost and I don't want to send the phone in and have to pay for a replacement phone that isn't even a new phone but it's a refurbished phone because I bought a new phone not a refurbished one I'm sure you can understand that.
Bric66
Paper Tape
Views: 934
Message 100 of 136

Apologize for spelling and grammatical errors using the microphone and not double-checking before it was sent
Top Kudoed Authors