cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
WSW
What's DOS?
Views: 431
Message 111 of 121

Re: Moto Z Force randomly keeps shutting itself off..

WSW
What's DOS?
Views: 431
Message 112 of 121

Re: Z Force keeps turning off

If you have insurance on the phone just return it on the insurance and get another one. Insurance is not expensive and it pays for itself the first time you use it. Batteries can cause a lot of the problems you are experiencing.
Raimae
Blue Screen Again
Views: 404
Message 113 of 121

My Z Force 2 keeps turning off when it is not on a charger

Any time I take my phone off the charger, it will say that the battery is dead and will only let me turn it on once it is plugged in again. The battery will than read like 99%. Very frustrating.

secombs
Blue Screen Again
Views: 342
Message 114 of 121

Re: Moto Z Force randomly keeps shutting itself off..

Well, I was definitely skeptical when I read the comments from WSW, but it was spot on. I purchased the battery replacement kit from ifixit.com and replaced the battery myself and haven't had an issue since. I figured that since the phone was out of warranty already, if it didn't work, I was going to have to get a replacement anyway. So for anyone else experiencing the frustating, random shut offs, this solution absolutely worked. If you aren't somewhat technically inclined, I wouldn't recommend doing this on your own. It took me about 2 hours to complete, but I went extra slow so that I didn't break any of the glass phone pieces. The biggest challenge is getting the glass pieces out without cracking or chipping them. Good luck!

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 334
Message 115 of 121

Re: My Z Force 2 keeps turning off when it is not on a charger

Hi Raimae,

Thank you for posting. Are you using the original charger of the device? Try performing the troubleshooting steps provided on this thread until you notice an improvement. Otherwise, I would recommend sending the phone for repair, possible hardware failure. 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

Sibtainraza
What's DOS?
Views: 232
Message 116 of 121

My mobile is not start charge when I switched off.

Droidlynn
Punch Card
Views: 169
Message 117 of 121

I had the same issue for 6 months and it kept getting worse and worse. I ended up taking it to a repair shop and for $52, they changed my battery and I have not had the issues mentioned above since. Not every repair shop repairs Moto Z phones, due to how thin their screens are. If you can afford to have the battery changed in your Moto Z, I highly recommend doing so. It sounds like your Moto Z cannot "feel" its battery. It is like a person with neuropathy that cannot feel their feet. It is basically "nerve" damage for your Moto Z. But unlike us, in phones, "nerve damage" is curable with a battery change. DO NOT ATTEMPT TO REPAIR IT YOURSELF. Z's should only be repaired by a professional, due to their complex anatomy. Hope this helps

Cricetus1983
Paper Tape
Views: 198
Message 118 of 121

Moto Z Force erratic battery discharges and the phone shuts off

As I learned from the forums, the problem is widely spread. My Z Force keeps shutting down at 75%, discharges in seconds and actually can't work without the powerbank mod. I've done everything possible to find the solution: calibrated the battery (no use), replaced the battery (useless), done many factory resets (still no use). The problem is obviously in the softaware. I wonder if this is Lenovo style to treat the customers not to solve the problem, which is really global. Just a fix in an update - but no...  

tyrantsoft
Paper Tape
Views: 67
Message 119 of 121

I have exact the same issue for my Moto Z2 Force. But my phone dies at 37%-40%. When it turns off, it show the battery message 0% and don't wake up.
I connected to the power suppply (with its original charger) and it start charging on the % it turns off. It takes like 20 minutes to reach 100% and it also takes like 2 hours in standby to reach 40% again.

I already go through the complete threat and try all the solutions provided, nothing helps me Smiley Sad

At this point, does anybody found a solution for the battery drain??

If not, I think the next move is to replace battery... Smiley Sad

Droidlynn
Punch Card
Views: 62
Message 120 of 121

I would recommend having the battery replaced. But not all phone repair shops repair Moto Z's so you might have to call around
Top Kudoed Authors