Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 527
Message 101 of 136

Re: Z Force keeps turning off

@Bric66 wrote:
I do have a possible scenario that would explain why some of the Moto Z-Force phones would be affected in some aren't. You asked me for a possible scenario that would explain that it is possible that the phones manufacturing date might fall within a certain time. Without knowing exactly how each phone was made what computer chips and components went into each if there was a new version of a certain component that could explain as to why and I asked you in Fair return is that not possible? I apologize for suggesting that you're an employee of moto or Lenovo. But I do think as a moto moderator without knowing exactly protocols and connections through this position that you might have it seems like it should be taken to Motorola if you have that capability to do so or other moderators do. if you're a senior moderator that would suggest that you have a certain class or level above just a normal moderator so I guess my question to you would be what do you have at your disposal to go to a supervisor and say we have a pro problem that is happening with this certain type of phone we need to get in contact with Motorola or Lenovo and find out if there were any Manufacturing changes or alteration that was done at any point during the manufacturing that could account for this. I appreciate your kindly response I think I'm just like many others out there that have taken every suggestion to fix this problem and none of them work I would like to know that I purchased a phone for several hundred dollars the I shouldn't have to pay an expense for that seems to coincide with many other of the same model of phone that took place during a software update. I would appreciate it if someone the has the ear of Motorola and or Lenovo to the dress this with them on behalf of their customers I mean nobody wants to get into a class action lawsuit here all we once customers is a resolution that seems fitting and has integrity shown to it that resolves the problem. and like others yes I've taken it and was told that it had to be repaired but I don't think that should be my cost and I don't want to send the phone in and have to pay for a replacement phone that isn't even a new phone but it's a refurbished phone because I bought a new phone not a refurbished one I'm sure you can understand that.

I can forward this on, but I don't know what will happen.  I also don't know if there were hardware parts swaps mid-production, or even if they'd tell me if there were, but I'll push it forward.  Please be aware though that Moto, like most other large companies here in the U.S. is probably on skeleton crew this week and next.  Everybody likes to get 5 days off for the price of 3 or 4.  

The problem with a class-action suit is that the payoff is often quite small even when you win.  Have a very happy new year!

DiannaNorris
Fanfold Paper
Views: 475
Message 102 of 136

I have tried all the trouble shooting as well.  I have gone into the store where they have rebooted, reset and I have also done factory reset twice. Iand have used their tech Coach who could not figure it out either.  My phone also started acting up 4 months into it being new.  I am fed up. I am told to be patient.  Google maps does not even talk to me.  

I'm with you if their is a glass action duit.

sajokaz
Bit Torrent
Views: 473
Message 103 of 136

@DiannaNorris wrote:

I have tried all the trouble shooting as well.  I have gone into the store where they have rebooted, reset and I have also done factory reset twice. Iand have used their tech Coach who could not figure it out either.  My phone also started acting up 4 months into it being new.  I am fed up. I am told to be patient.  Google maps does not even talk to me.  

I'm with you if their is a glass action duit.

Who is telling you to be patient?  Be patient and wait for what?  Some magic software update?  I don't see that happening.  How old is your phone?  If it's under 12 months, you are still within the warranty, demand a new phone.  If it's over 12 months, and two factory resets didn't help, the only options are pay for repair, pay for a replacement, or just get a new phone.  Buy ibwouI wouket someone tell me to "just be patient" in a situation like this, no fix is coming.

~Scott
HoA_JoKeR
Paper Tape
Views: 441
Message 104 of 136

Mine has been doing this and it seems to have started after I bought the 30w turbocharger. I bought the phone used and it didn't come with it. I did the battery calibration and it worked awhile but it's started again. I haven't installed any new apps in months or changed anything on the phone. It died on me tonight when it was at 52%. And I have had to plug it into a charger to get it to let me turn it back on.

DiannaNorris
Fanfold Paper
Views: 426
Message 105 of 136

Verizon is telling me to be patient. A replacement phone would be another Z Force.  How many replacement phone will Verizon give me of the same device.  I cannot to anywhere else for service. No other carrier works in my area.  Motorola just wants me to buy another phone.  Verizon wants me to buy another phone. It's a scammer to up grade every other year.  I can go back to a landline. 

Class action suit would be a good idea. 

FixItnow
What's DOS?
Views: 397
Message 106 of 136

Might be worth looking into they settled a class action in Sept 2017 for not fulfilling their warranty and poor customer service. Lynch v. Motorola
HoA_JoKeR
Paper Tape
Views: 397
Message 107 of 136

Well I got my force on eBay and I'm using it on straight talk(which uses Verizon towers) so I can't get a replacement phone. I'm going to try doing the battery recalibrate without using the turbocharger and see if that helps. Probably not but worth a try.
sajokaz
Bit Torrent
Views: 396
Message 108 of 136

@HoA_JoKeR wrote:
Well I got my force on eBay and I'm using it on straight talk(which uses Verizon towers) so I can't get a replacement phone. I'm going to try doing the battery recalibrate without using the turbocharger and see if that helps. Probably not but worth a try.

Did you register the phone on the Moto My Stuff page?  If it's under 12 months old you still have the manufacturer warranty available.  If you are the original owner.

~Scott
HoA_JoKeR
Paper Tape
Views: 395
Message 109 of 136

I'm not. Got it used.
DiannaNorris
Fanfold Paper
Views: 353
Message 110 of 136

I have tried all these trouble shooting ideas.  Nothing works.  VeruVer tells me they will not be sending me out a replacement phone because it will not help the problem.  I just need to keep updating, rebooting, and hope that Motorola will update their software.  It's a problem with the saftware.  I will be posting on social media of all the issues this phone has.

Top Kudoed Authors