Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 290
Message 81 of 118

Re: Z Force keeps turning off

Hi Unhappyuser2,

Thanks for posting, I'd like to help. I understand you'd like to get it solved, however, I wouldn't say it's due to the update, an update improves the phone's performance and should not cause an issue. We can try sorting out the software factor by troubleshooting the phone. May I know what steps have you tried and done so far? This will help us omit doing the steps you've already tried. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

kakahappns
What's DOS?
Views: 398
Message 82 of 118

Re: Moto Z Force randomly keeps shutting itself off..

My phone has been doing the same thing for the past 4 months.  I have tried all troubleshooting suggestions, battery calibration, safe mode, factory reset, etc... and nothing has worked.  I waited for the 4 months figuring that the next software upgrade would fix the issue but the update on 11/14/2018 did not fix the issue.

The phone is now 2 years old and out of warranty.  Is this truly a bad battery issue?

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 247
Message 83 of 118

Hi kakahappns,

I appreciate the steps you've tried. Did you restore your apps after doing the reset? This seems to be more related to the hardware of the phone, as well as the age of the phone. 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

Sir_Nat
What's DOS?
Views: 197
Message 84 of 118

Hi, I'm having the same problem with my motto z Force. I have tried all the solutions you proposed.i.e booting into safe mood, battery calibration and even factory reset. But the problem is still there. The bad aspect is when I restart the phone I need to reset the time and date manually because it returns to 25th September, 2018. 

Please is there any other way out.

Mickiv
Paper Tape
Views: 220
Message 85 of 118

I began having the same issue after the last update. It only does it when off the charger and battery shows that it still has power when I plug it in. 

The other day, I ordered a new phone...Samsung.

I began to think about the upcoming transfer of everything off the Moto z force to the S9 and realized I could use a different launcher than the one that came with the Moto, so I got the Evie launcher from Google play and began using it.

My phone hasn't acted up on me since! 

It stayed on and held a decent charge for hours unplugged! I was amazed as I was expecting it to die any minute.

Whether or not this is just a fluke, I don't know, but I will keep trying it unplugged until I get my other phone. I have no idea how the launcher could have an effect on the power, but at least for now it seems to be solving the problem. Weird!

I will update in a few days if it doesn't keep working.

Doesn't that just figure...now that I'm getting a different phone, I may have accidentally figured out how to fix mine!

Vigil88
What's DOS?
Views: 203
Message 86 of 118

Help, my phone is dying quickly. I have tried to put it into safe mode cleared my cache. Stop apps lowered the screen lite I have done everything as if now I just turned it on a half hour ago and it is now at 62%. I love this phone but it needs to be fixed I know it's out of warranty and I cannot afford a new phone please help me solve this 

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 170
Message 87 of 118

Hi Vigil88,

I appreciate the steps you've taken. Can you please update your profile with current phone, carrier and serial number -- this will help me investigate. Please make sure that the options under Settings > Motorola Privacy are on as well, and let me know (just reply here) if it's okay for me to look at your apps to see if they are a source of problems.

Need help updating your profile? See here

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

Bric66
Paper Tape
Views: 135
Message 88 of 118

So the majority of these powering issues are resulting from an update that took place about five months ago.  why should your customers be told to have to have the phone repaired at a cost to them when it's clear that this update that was done is the reason behind it.  seems to me if you want to keep people as your customers you would hold yourself responsible to take care of this issue because if you don't I won't ever get a Motorola phone again.  

Bric66
Paper Tape
Views: 136
Message 89 of 118

Bric66
Paper Tape
Views: 135
Message 90 of 118

Motorola you should be covering the cost of any repairs because as your customer you can't expect that I'm going to go and get another Motorola phone when you're telling people to repair their phone.  That's bad business and bad customer service if you're going to hold your customers responsible for a problem that was caused by an update to the phones through your company.  The majority of these issues have been incurred at about the same time mine was about four to five months ago when this update took place I want to see an update that takes place for these phones that resolves that problem through you not by having me pay for repairs.

Top Kudoed Authors