Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sajokaz
Bit Torrent
Views: 3,424
Message 11 of 71

Re: Z2 Force Android Pie

Do you understand what a moderator is and what their function is?  It's certainly not to give you an update on a new OS update.

~Scott
San_Z2Force
Punch Card
Views: 3,413
Message 12 of 71

So you direct questions to motorola agents ?
This question is circulating since a long time so why no information is available ?
San_Z2Force
Punch Card
Views: 1,569
Message 13 of 71

I take my stand to ask questions. But you so called moderators even don't have information so talking about providing OS update way beyond your limit 🤣🤣
sajokaz
Bit Torrent
Views: 1,561
Message 14 of 71

@San_Z2Force wrote:
I take my stand to ask questions. But you so called moderators even don't have information so talking about providing OS update way beyond your limit 🤣🤣

Of course you can ask questions, that's part of what the Forum is here for.  But when it comes to Android OS updates, the truth is....no one that posts here on the Forum has the answer to that question.  We don't know when.  No Forum user knows when, whether they are a normal member or a moderator.  Some of the Moto employees might know when OS updates are being released, but even if they do read these forums they aren't going to post a date here.  So of course you can ask questions, help answer other users questions, share your knowledge & experience, and help contribute to a positive helpful Forum experience.  But if you ask about Android OS updates 1000 times, the answer will be the same 1000 times....no one here knows when.  Have a goodd ay Sir. Smiley Happy

~Scott
San_Z2Force
Punch Card
Views: 1,555
Message 15 of 71

I've seen forum of ASUS and XIOMI they provide approximate time but you guys are first in making fool to customer. Announced pie update in August 2018. Few month before Asus announced pie release date and currently they are rolling out.
So here you become lier mentioning no forum have info regarding os update.
#Lier_Moderator of so called #Cheater_Motorola

sajokaz
Bit Torrent
Views: 1,547
Message 16 of 71

1.)  I am not a moderator, nor a Moto employee.  I am a regular forum user just like you.  I am only trying to help you understand how this forum works.  Have you read the forum rules and user guide?

2.) I never said that NO forum in the world provides OS update dates.  I said that THIS partiular forum does not do that.  It's great that someone on an ASUS forum provided OS update dates.  Good for them.  But no one here on this forum knows when we will get Android Pie.

~Scott
Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 1,539
Message 17 of 71

Thanks for trying to explain something simple to obviously someone that is less than capable to understand it.

Don't waste your efforts on this type. Just report them and block them. They're a dime a dozen. I'll let management know as well. 

@sajokaz wrote:

1.)  I am not a moderator, nor a Moto employee.  I am a regular forum user just like you.  I am only trying to help you understand how this forum works.  Have you read the forum rules and user guide?

2.) I never said that NO forum in the world provides OS update dates.  I said that THIS partiular forum does not do that.  It's great that someone on an ASUS forum provided OS update dates.  Good for them.  But no one here on this forum knows when we will get Android Pie.

surgeon_sanket
Punch Card
Views: 1,446
Message 18 of 71

so instead of blocking your customers who are indeed now patienceless (thanks moto for keeping everyone to wait after paying a hefty $699 for this phone) why not go out of the box like most of the successful OEM who dare give a date and accept the challenge to give an update within the given timeframe.

The mediocre G series has been updated first as it was more successful?

Blocking your own customers is the lamest thing one could do (when you already are left with a hand few of them.

People have paid a hefty sum for this phone and they do deserve to be answered instead of being blocked on the offical forum.

Let me give you a quick comparison (eye opener) with the other flagships released along with z2 force

Samsung S8 - Highly modified rom (currently runs android 9.0 with one ui)

Pixel 2 - Dont even have to say about pixel series.

Apple devices give almost 5 years of updates (moto doesnt gives more than 2yr for Z and 1yr  for the G series)

Nokia 8 - released during the same timeframe and rocks pie since several months.

Just to let you know, z2f was lauched in India in Q1 of 2018 and currently runs Android 8.0 out of the box. If you recollect, thats highly outdated software which was released way back in August 2017. This is Q2 of 2019 and Z2f (which is still motorola's flagship in most part of the world, runs a 2 yr old software.

So there is something very wrong with the upgrade schedule of motorola. Either get the things sorted or most of the people who pay alot to the company will actually never buy a moto phone again.

Dont get me wrong here, I have been a motorola user since the G2 series was launched but this is highly unacceptable to be forced to stay on a software that is almost 2 years old when you have paid much much more than 99% would pay for a phone.

An infuriated Moto customer

Dr. Sanket

ghiottone
Token Ring
Views: 1,442
Message 19 of 71

I totally agree all of your words.

Highlighted
Z2forcefan
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,384
Message 20 of 71

I totally agree with the members of the forum and customers of Motorola that are dissatisfied with how the Z2 force has been forgotten regarding OS upgrades. Something surprising for a flagship phone that runs almost stock android like the Pixel line. 

A few months ago I wrote to voice my dissatisfaction with this situation when i found out that the Z3 was getting the Pie update. Immediately the forum moderators jumped on me, Below is the link to my post,

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Moto-Z-Force/Slap-in-the-face-Moto-Z2-Force-owners/td-p/4339803/page/2

It's a shame that Motorola treats is loyal customers that way. 

Top Kudoed Authors