Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
sajokaz
Bit Torrent
Views: 747
Message 21 of 50

Re: Z2 Force Android Pie

If we had Android 9 Pie right now the world might be a better place.  There might be more peace in the world, less crime, less violence, less hunger, less poverty......

Have a blessed day! 😁

~Scott
surgeon_sanket
Punch Card
Views: 737
Message 22 of 50

This is the exact mentality of yours and motorola showing how lineantly you people take software upgrades.
Should i wait for someone to exploit a recently found window into my phone and rip me off my money and then i should cry that moto didnt patched that window.
Dont know may be u got ur phone gifted from your mom dad but i used my hard earned money to buy this. Plus upgrades are a part of package that we buy. So taking my money and not delivering is actually not keeping the promise.

Dont know about the crime rate but yeah..android 9 definitely has a better security than 8.0. so yeah better peace of mind.
sajokaz
Bit Torrent
Views: 734
Message 23 of 50

I am a 50 year old, full time employed man.  So I bought my phone with my own hard earned money, no gift from anyone.  That post was meant as a little light hearted humor.  I understand security, I work in the IT help desk field.  But I also understand that there are way more important things to worry about in this world than when my phone will get Android Pie.  My work phone is running Android 7 with a 2017 Security Patch and has never been hacked, corrupted, broken into, etc.  Security is important, but how we use the device is equally important to ensuring it remains safe.

~Scott
surgeon_sanket
Punch Card
Views: 729
Message 24 of 50

Accept my apologies sir. Didnt meant to offend you.
Its justs that i bought moto thinking of the stock like os and being a flagship phone, i was expecting quick upgrades which turned out be opposite.
Lets wait patiently.
Again i apologize for being rude.
sajokaz
Bit Torrent
Views: 722
Message 25 of 50

It's all good, no offense taken.  I want Android Pie also.  I want the Bluetooth fixes that come with Pie. Bu I don't want it to kill my battery the way Android 8 did my Z Force or the way Android 7 did my Turbo 2.  I want this update to be good, to be right because it's the last one we will get with this phone.  And if our battery life is ruined we are stuck with it    I also thought Moto would remain one of the best OEM's at providing quick Android updates.  But they haven't been the last year or so.  It's a bummer, but we can't change that.  I just find that not worrying about when my phone will, or might, get the latest Android version is the best course of action.  No sense worrying about things we can't control.  

~Scott
Z2forcefan
Fanfold Paper
Views: 707
Message 26 of 50

I agree with you Scott, in the sense the I want a very stable release.  However Motorola has been extremely slow to update the Z2 Force, and as users/customers this forum is one of the few ways, if not the only one, to voice our impatience / dissatisfaction at Motorola.  

In my case, the dissatisfaction grows when I see that lower models like the G6 Play is being updated and very recent models like the Z3 also is also being updated, feeling like the Z2 Force has been left by the side of the road...

sajokaz
Bit Torrent
Views: 698
Message 27 of 50

I understand.  But that's assuming that anyone higher up than the Level 1 Moto Agents that post here read these posts.  I doubt Moto management reads the Forum posts.

As far as the Z3 all manufacturers update the newer phones first, then the order models.  As for the G6 it may or may not be a "lower model" but it probably sold way more units world wide than the Z2 Play and Z2 Force combined.  So it makes more sentto update it first.  The fact that Moto has had to ask for Z2 Play and Z2 Force testers two years in a row speaks to just how few people have these phones and are registered here.  In all my years here I have never seen them have to repeatedly ask for testers.

~Scott
Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 661
Message 28 of 50

My LG V30 is still waiting for it. My son's S8+ just got it a few weeks ago. I upgraded to a LG G8 and it came with Pie. As you can see I try many manufacturers. My Z2 is still working good as well. 

Z2forcefan
Fanfold Paper
Views: 649
Message 29 of 50

My Z2 Force has been working perfectly fine since I bought it,  However, it doesn't change the fact that Motorola has been SLOW to release android Pie for the Z2 Force.   Motorola has an almost sotck Android interface just like the Pixel line from Google, upgrades could be faster.  If you have other phones from LG and Samsung that have not been upgraded great, this is the Motorola forum, so if we are dissatisfied with Motorola handling of the issue, I guess this is the place to voice it. 

I had a Moto X which I loved and remember how Motorola kept on saying it was going to get an OS upgrade, and it never did.

OS upgrades bring more functionality and improvements that make more enjoyable the use of the phone and can even increase the equipment usefulness. 

GeorgeFarias
Paper Tape
Views: 514
Message 30 of 50

I'm waiting for the OS update too. I hope that it doesn't take so long.

Top Kudoed Authors