cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
akraut
Punch Card
Posts: 18
Registered: ‎09-10-2010
Location: US
Views: 1,611
Message 1 of 20

Z2 Force pausing/disconnecting bluetooth music playback while charging

When my phone is charging (Wireless, connected to a battery mod, or plugged in) the bluetooth connection pauses every few minutes (less than 5mins, more than 1min) and disconnects (less than 30mins, more than 10mins).

 

When music playback gets paused, I hear the same "tic" sound as when you tap on the screen (with screen tap sounds enabled). This happens in all media playback apps (Google, Spotify, Pandora, Netflix, VLC, Plex, etc.)

 

I'm presently running Android 8.0.0 (ODX27.109-34)

 

Has anyone else seen this behavior or have a workaround or fix?

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Posts: 3,948
Registered: ‎12-01-2016
Location: PH
Views: 1,573
Message 2 of 20

Re: Z2 Force pausing/disconnecting bluetooth music playback while charging

Hi akraut,

 

We are going to determine what causes the disconnection. Is this happening only on Bluetooth?  First, test your phone in  Safe Mode. Let us know how it goes.

 


Regards,
Daisy
Moto Support

 

akraut
Punch Card
Posts: 18
Registered: ‎09-10-2010
Location: US
Views: 1,570
Message 3 of 20

Re: Z2 Force pausing/disconnecting bluetooth music playback while charging

Confirmed. It happened this morning after listening to Google Play Music for 12 minutes. (Phone uptime ~15mins)

 

I was listening with Parrot Zik3 headphones. The music paused twice without me touching any controls on the phone or headset. Then it became increasingly choppy and bluetooth disconnected.

 

I'm sitting about 1-2ft away from my phone and it's plugged in charging.

 

 

I unplugged it from the charger, reconnected my headphones and continued listening for 2hrs without issues.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Posts: 3,948
Registered: ‎12-01-2016
Location: PH
Views: 1,542
Message 4 of 20

Re: Z2 Force pausing/disconnecting bluetooth music playback while charging


@akraut wrote:

Confirmed. It happened this morning after listening to Google Play Music for 12 minutes. (Phone uptime ~15mins)

 

I was listening with Parrot Zik3 headphones. The music paused twice without me touching any controls on the phone or headset. Then it became increasingly choppy and bluetooth disconnected.

 

I'm sitting about 1-2ft away from my phone and it's plugged in charging.

 

 

I unplugged it from the charger, reconnected my headphones and continued listening for 2hrs without issues.


Is this happening to all headsets? Did you try it while in Safe Mode?

 


Regards,
Daisy
Moto Support

akraut
Punch Card
Posts: 18
Registered: ‎09-10-2010
Location: US
Views: 1,519
Message 5 of 20

Re: Z2 Force pausing/disconnecting bluetooth music playback while charging

Yeah, after I posted, I continued to try different headsets. It behaves the same with all of them: Parrot, Bragi, and Google Buds.

This was all in Safe Mode as instructed.
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Posts: 2,430
Registered: ‎12-19-2016
Location: PH
Views: 1,486
Message 6 of 20

Re: Z2 Force pausing/disconnecting bluetooth music playback while charging


@akraut wrote:
Yeah, after I posted, I continued to try different headsets. It behaves the same with all of them: Parrot, Bragi, and Google Buds.

This was all in Safe Mode as instructed.

Hi, we would like to know if it is on debugging option? Settings > Developer option. - Ella

akraut
Punch Card
Posts: 18
Registered: ‎09-10-2010
Location: US
Views: 1,482
Message 7 of 20

Re: Z2 Force pausing/disconnecting bluetooth music playback while charging

Hi there. Developer mode was turned on during the last test. I retested for the last hour with developer mode turned off, in safe mode. I have had some disconnects, and lots of instances of choppy playback, but no pausing.

 

Parrot Zik3 headset, USB-C Cable Charging (15mins): intermittent choppy playback, 1 disconnect, no pausing

Parrot Zik3 headset, Wireless Charging Mod (15mins): intermittent choppy playback, no disconnects, no pausing

Bragi Headset, USB-C Cable Charging (15mins): intermittent choppy playback, no disconnects, no pausing

Bragi Headset, Wireless Charging Mod (15 mins): intermittent choppy playback, 1 disconnect, no pausing

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Posts: 2,430
Registered: ‎12-19-2016
Location: PH
Views: 1,456
Message 8 of 20

Re: Z2 Force pausing/disconnecting bluetooth music playback while charging


@akraut wrote:

Hi there. Developer mode was turned on during the last test. I retested for the last hour with developer mode turned off, in safe mode. I have had some disconnects, and lots of instances of choppy playback, but no pausing.

 

Parrot Zik3 headset, USB-C Cable Charging (15mins): intermittent choppy playback, 1 disconnect, no pausing

Parrot Zik3 headset, Wireless Charging Mod (15mins): intermittent choppy playback, no disconnects, no pausing

Bragi Headset, USB-C Cable Charging (15mins): intermittent choppy playback, no disconnects, no pausing

Bragi Headset, Wireless Charging Mod (15 mins): intermittent choppy playback, 1 disconnect, no pausing


Can you try to re-enable USB debugging? I'd like to get a Bugreport over to my Engineers. Please capture bug report when the music pauses and kindly include which headset you were using. 

 

Please follow these steps:

  1. Go to Settings -> About Phone -> Tap on Build number 7 times on the build number to go into the developer options mode]
  2. After the above steps, Developer options will be enabled.
  3. Go to Settings ->Developer options -> Enable USB debugging > Toggle On
  4. Enable Settings -> Developer options -> Enable Bug Report shortcut > Toggle On
  5. Enable Settings -> Developer options -> Enable Enable Bluetooth HCI snoop log > Toggle On
  6. Once the issue is reproduced, Go to Settings -> Developer options -> Click on take bug report or Press Power button and then choose Bug Report from the Power down menu.
  7. Wait for some time until the bug report is collected. It takes around 3 to 4 minutes to collect the Bug Report.
  8. Then upload the BugReport to your personal Google Drive and then share the link to the BugReport on the forums in a reply or via a private message.
  9. Provide observations of what you saw happen right before the bug report was taken. Please indicate the time that you observed the behavior in local time.

Thanks,

Ella

akraut
Punch Card
Posts: 18
Registered: ‎09-10-2010
Location: US
Views: 1,272
Message 9 of 20

Re: Z2 Force pausing/disconnecting bluetooth music playback while charging

@Moto_Ella I PM'd you another set of logs bringing the total to 7 sets. Would you like me to continue to send more examples of the issue? I've gotten no response or confirmation that you've received any of the previous examples, that they were sufficient, etc.
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Posts: 3,948
Registered: ‎12-01-2016
Location: PH
Views: 1,253
Message 10 of 20

Re: Z2 Force pausing/disconnecting bluetooth music playback while charging


@akrautwrote:
@Moto_Ella I PM'd you another set of logs bringing the total to 7 sets. Would you like me to continue to send more examples of the issue? I've gotten no response or confirmation that you've received any of the previous examples, that they were sufficient, etc.

Hi akraut,

 

I will continue working on this case, can you please PM me the logs instead? Thanks.

 


Regards,
Daisy
Moto Support

 

 

Top Kudoed Authors