cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
asdur
Paper Tape
Views: 10,170
Message 1 of 17

commserver cqat droid "test" taking over phone, causing it not to charge, stay at 0%

Droid Z force was totally normal about 1.5 hours ago and had some charge. I picked it up and noticed that it had gone "dark." Hit power reboot. When it opened back up after start, it was a 0 % (never happens!) and went dark. So I plugged it  in and turned it on again. When it opened, an icon was on the top left screen, of a little droid robot, with the words "commserver cqat test has started." It asked for all sorts of permissions, which I denied. The robot sat there. I tried both my charging cords in my home outlet, switched to a car, and now a USB port on a computer. It will stay "on" for a short while as long as it is plugged in, but has no data connectivity. 

When it was in the car, I forced stopped the commserver cqat droid ap -- but it is still hanging out on the upper left screen. 

Now, still plugged in to the computer, it has turned off and will not come on at all -- nothing. 

What is this program? What is it doing? Google searches of others with this problem seeem to think it something to do with Marshmallow?? https://forums.androidcentral.com/moto-x-2014/629224-urgent-cqatest-app-causing-huge-problems-moto-x...

Help! 

asdur
Paper Tape
Views: 10,109
Message 2 of 17

Re: commserver cqat droid "test" taking over phone, causing it not to charge, stay at 0%

Updating to say I went through the Lenovo instructions in the help forums online to troubleshoot charging issues AND to restart in safe mode--and the problem persists in safe mode. See screenshot. 

Using safe mode instructiong: "5.  If the issue is resolved, the cause appears to be a 3rd party app." https://mobilesupport.lenovo.com/us/en/solution/MS112137

This does NOT appear to be a 3rd party ap! 

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 10,071
Message 3 of 17

Re: commserver cqat droid "test" taking over phone, causing it not to charge, stay at 0%

@asdur wrote:

Updating to say I went through the Lenovo instructions in the help forums online to troubleshoot charging issues AND to restart in safe mode--and the problem persists in safe mode. See screenshot. 

Using safe mode instructiong: "5.  If the issue is resolved, the cause appears to be a 3rd party app." https://mobilesupport.lenovo.com/us/en/solution/MS112137

This does NOT appear to be a 3rd party ap! 

Have you tried doing a Factory reset with no restore? Make sure to back up your data when doing this.

Regards,
Daisy
Moto Support

asdur
Paper Tape
Views: 10,059
Message 4 of 17

Ok, I just tried that. Plugged it in, it powered up in safe mode (still at 0%) and followed these directions for a factory reset. Seemed to shut down, and then restart... and now it is blinking on and off between a blue startup screen and a black screen of death (like it did all of yesterday). 

I unplugged it and tried plugging it back in. Opened up as if factory reboot HAD worked. It seemed wiped and walked me through startup. At first, the charge said "100%" away ... and then went back to 0%. Hooked back up to wifi and my email. Chose not to do the auto restore. 

Finished set up ... and that darn droid commserver thing is still there. See screenshot. 

Now what? 
Motorola Admin Motorola Admin
Motorola Admin
Views: 10,005
Message 5 of 17

@asdur wrote:

Ok, I just tried that. Plugged it in, it powered up in safe mode (still at 0%) and followed these directions for a factory reset. Seemed to shut down, and then restart... and now it is blinking on and off between a blue startup screen and a black screen of death (like it did all of yesterday). 

I unplugged it and tried plugging it back in. Opened up as if factory reboot HAD worked. It seemed wiped and walked me through startup. At first, the charge said "100%" away ... and then went back to 0%. Hooked back up to wifi and my email. Chose not to do the auto restore. 

Finished set up ... and that darn droid commserver thing is still there. See screenshot. 

Now what? 

Very unusual -- sorry you are struggling here. Please update your profile with current phone, carrier and serial number -- this will help me investigate. If possible (probably not), please make sure that the options under Settings > Motorola Privacy are on as well, and let me know (just reply here) if it's okay for me to look at your apps to see if they are a source of problems.

Need help updating your profile? See here. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943

Thanks,

- Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Syed_Omair
Paper Tape
Views: 7,567
Message 6 of 17

Hi matt

Same issue with me today ,my mobile zforce Droid imei number *removed*.

Mobile show 0% Charing ,

Mobile open only when I connect charger.

I have already restore factory reset but nothing works.

Mobile shows commserver , which I saw first time... Still showing in notfi.

Sim network not working no signal shows.

Please tell what can I do. Waiting for your response

Edited: for privacy

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 7,524
Message 7 of 17

Hi Syed_Omair,

Thanks for posting on this thread, I'd like to help. Could you share us a sample screenshot of the what you're seeing? I appreciate the steps you've tried, factory data reset is one thing we need to do. Just to verify, did you reinstall your third-party apps after doing the reset? If so, try doing it without reinstalling any third-party apps. It is important we need to test the phone without these third-party apps. If you have an SD card please remove it before testing. I would also suggest trying another charger to see if it will work. Let me know your observation. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

asdur
Paper Tape
Views: 7,518
Message 8 of 17

Just FYI. After spending x amount of days on this issue using this forum, and not able to resolve using all steps, I went straight to Moto cumsumer service and worked it through with them. They replaced the phone ... that time. It was some weird internal issue. DON'T WASTE TIME trying to fix - go straight to the top. 

Then...that phone died. The camera just stopped working. Went back to Moto for more help. They determined the problem was a manu or other defect and needed to be replaced, but because the other phone they had give me was a replacement, it was no longer under warrenty. 

Finally got that phone replaced through my provider. BUT THEN, the phone broke AGAIN!!!! A THIRD internal problem recently, that required a total replacement!! Basically it is a S*** phone and Moto has just gone downhill or something. Phone retails for $700+ and I'm literally on my 4th version of it. 

I have wasted DAYS worth of time on the tech issues related to this phone, online, in stores, in forums, and on the phone. And THANK GOODNESS for insurance the last few months, 'cause I have gotten my $s worth ($1,400 worth of phone replacements with a few months, not counting the one replaced by Moto--the first time). 

Good luck resolving your problem Smiley Wink 

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 7,461
Message 9 of 17

Hi asdur,

Thanks for replying. I'd like to help. Let me know. Thank you.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

Dbick89
What's DOS?
Views: 5,908
Message 10 of 17

I know this thread is a bit old, but I just had this issue and solved it within an hour. I recently replaced the battery on my Z Force, well a few months ago. Anyway, I had the same issue, and with the phone not working unless the charger is hooked up, I figured it was a battery issue. I immediately opened it up, ( which is very simple I might add) and the battery cable had somehow come unplugged. Plugged it in, let it charge, and I'm currently using it with no issues. Easy fix!

Top Kudoed Authors