Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto Z Phones - Mod CapableMoto Z Force
All Forum Topics
Options

4 Posts

06-28-2018

United States of America

5 Signins

24 Page Views

• Views: 24
  • Message 1 of 14

how to disable data roaming notice after android 8

2018-06-28, 22:24 PM

Moto Z force droid (verizon).

Since android 8 has appeared.  I get nearly continuous data roaming notices that can only be removed by restarting the phone. 

I have wifi enabled, and its connected, and data roaming is off on the phone.

This is annoying as all #$#$%^%%$$.

The notices will keep piling up across the top of the screen, not just my phone...the wife has the same issue.

Any ideas?

WCP

Options

3764 Posts

04-04-2013

United States of America

2725 Signins

25655 Page Views

• Views: 25655
  • Message 2 of 14

Re: how to disable data roaming notice after android 8

2018-06-28, 22:45 PM

If you go into Settings > Mobile Network (or just open Settyamd type roaming into the search field) what options are On / Enabled there? 

~Scott
Options

4 Posts

06-28-2018

United States of America

5 Signins

24 Page Views

• Message 3 of 14

2018-06-28, 22:55 PM

Looks just like the picture.

Options

3764 Posts

04-04-2013

United States of America

2725 Signins

25655 Page Views

• Message 4 of 14

2018-06-29, 1:26 AM

Hmmmmm, I'm not sure.  Oreo seems to be all about Notifications & Permissions and some of those didn't seem to work out quite as we expected during the upgrade.  They probably work fine on a phone freshly setup with Oreo.  If you tap (or long press) one of the Notifications does it open a Settings screen?  Maybe where you can enable / disable whatever setting is triggering this?

~Scott
Options

4 Posts

06-28-2018

United States of America

5 Signins

24 Page Views

• Message 5 of 14

2018-06-29, 13:18 PM

I think I found it. About 3 levels down, pressing and holding on buttons. There was a small box to disable notices. Not located where one would expect. And, not sure if I could find it again. 

Options

3764 Posts

04-04-2013

United States of America

2725 Signins

25655 Page Views

• Message 6 of 14

2018-06-29, 13:37 PM

Good deal, glad you were able to turn it off.  I wonder if it was the Network Lost Tone?  That one can become quite annoying if you are always In & Out of your normal netwrok due to a low signal.

~Scott
Options

3 Posts

07-31-2018

Germany

3 Signins

33 Page Views

• Views: 33
  • Message 7 of 14

2018-07-31, 12:32 PM

Could be that the following is one possible way, too. (Since this thread came up as one of the first on Google when I had the same problem and then helped me getting the first clues, I thought I'd contribute how I then managed to silence my mother-in-law's phone as well - for folks having the same problem as we did).

How to turn off Verizon's roaming notification (after finally finding it...)
1. Go to "Settings"
2. Tap "Apps & Notifications"
3. Tap "Notifications"
4. Tap "Notifications" (yes, again, it's a new point, on her phone with a bell next to it)
5. Tap the three little dots at the top-right corner of the next screen
6. Tap "Show system" in the little menu that drops down then
7. Scroll way down to the entries called "Phone" (there are three of them on her phone)
8. Tap the third "Phone" entry (on her phone, it has a generic android icon next to it, not a telephone handset)
9. There you'll see "Verizon Roaming Status", but the switch will be grayed out (can't change it)
10. Instead tap the words "Verizon Roaming Status"
11. Tap "Importance"
12. Set it to "Medium" (=no sound anymore, but you'll still see the icon, a triangle in her case, in the status bar indicating that you're roaming) or "Low" (=you won't be notified at all when you're roaming)...we chose "Medium" and enjoyed the ensuing silence.

Did the trick for us and restored sanity. Hope it helps!

Options

1 Posts

08-09-2018

United States of America

3 Signins

20 Page Views

• Views: 20
  • Message 8 of 14

2018-08-09, 2:39 AM
I created an account just so I could thank you for your explanation on this. Restarting my phone was getting annoying.

I did also find a shortcut to the same location.

If you swipe the roaming notice all the way to one side, normally this would clear a notification, 2 options will appear. One is a settings button and the other is a snooze timer.

Press the settings button, then press all categories. From here the directions are the same as described.

Now the notification is still there when you pull down the bar but at least the annoying triangle isn't always showing. Pressing snooze will clear it completely for up to 2 hours.
Options

12 Posts

05-15-2012

United States of America

304 Signins

7312 Page Views

• Views: 7312
  • Message 9 of 14

2018-08-11, 15:32 PM

I have cleared the system cache on a few of my co-workers Z-Force droids to get rid of the constant roaming message. So far it has not come back.

When you perform a clear cache it will remove any temporary files that may be causing a problem, but will not delete your files or settings.

To perform a wipe cache partition:

1. With the phone powered off, press and hold the Volume Down button and the Power button at the same time until the device turns on.
  2. Press the Volume Down button to highlight "Recovery mode"
  3. Press the Power button to restart into Recovery mode.
    You'll see an image of an Android robot with a red exclamation mark.
  4. Holding the Power button, tap Volume Up once and then release the Power button.
  5. Use the volume buttons to scroll to "wipe cache partition" and press the Power button to select it.
  6. "Reboot system now" will be highlighted, press the Power button to select it.

Note: Clearing the cache may take up to 5-10 minutes depending on user memory.

Options

2 Posts

10-15-2018

United States of America

4 Signins

18 Page Views

• Views: 18
  • Message 10 of 14

2018-10-15, 22:07 PM

I ceecrea an account just to complain about this crap phone.  Never have I had a phone that is such a piece of junk.  I am also having issues with this roaming triangle.  I travel for work, a lot.  I spend a lot of time near boarders, and the only way to get rid of the triangle is to revore the phone, or turn off notifications and I'm not doing that because Verizon doesn't have international data/calling unless you pay a ridiculous premium for what is arguably already over priced phone service.

I also have issues with WiFi disconnecting depending on where in standing in my house.  

This phone is complete trash.  I've been Android since smartphone inception, with one foray into Apple products.  I have to use an iPad for work and I hate it.  This will be me last ever Lenovo product, ever.

This. Thing. Is. Junk!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms