Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
cabinetbob
Paper Tape
Views: 316
Message 1 of 10

notifications

I got this phone due to the fact samsung 7 and others disabled custom tones on messaging. This phone supports it. Thats a feature I like and want. However, in all the years I owned a cell phone, I never came accross where the app didnt have a display of a message recived, Like in phone calls, VM, texts. The app icon would show something letting you see at a glance theses a message. I dont want to use the pull down menu. hard to read. i thought that was just a default item on all phones. I have owned several types. Allways had it. So why, doesnt this phone have it? I wont buy samsung anymore due to that. I hate to think I have to go shopping again for a phone that supports what I always considerd a default item. 

sajokaz
Bit Torrent
Views: 308
Message 2 of 10

Re: notifications

Do you have Moto Display turned On, so you can see new Notifications on the lock screen?

Alos, for apps themselves are you referring to the old Badge Count number that would let you know the count of new items?  If so, Google removed that with Android Oreo and added the green Notification Dots instead.  Do you have Notification Dots turned On?

~Scott
cabinetbob
Paper Tape
Views: 209
Message 3 of 10

yes I do have that on, also show on lock screen. Not referring  about the count. Just notice. 

sajokaz
Bit Torrent
Views: 201
Message 4 of 10

I'm not 100 % sure what you are asking or describing.  But it sounds like something that is not part of stock Android.  maybe it was a Samsung specific type of skin, or functionality.  Phones like Samsung run a heavily skinned version of Android, no where close to stock Android.  Our phones run a very clean, almost stock Android OS.

~Scott
cabinetbob
Paper Tape
Views: 199
Message 5 of 10

I answered your question. Do I have the green dot on. I said " yes I do" .When you say we run a very clean Android OS, then why is there such a magor battery issue shutting down at 61% ? Its not the apps.
sajokaz
Bit Torrent
Views: 198
Message 6 of 10

@cabinetbob wrote:
I answered your question. Do I have the green dot on. I said " yes I do" .When you say we run a very clean Android OS, then why is there such a magor battery issue shutting down at 61% ? Its not the apps.

I'm just trying to help.  I didn't understand your response, or the initial question / post.  I'm just trying to help.

I don't know why your phone is shutting off like that.  But all phones have a few defects in the mix.  That's why there is a warranty.  Why did a friend of mine have to return a one month old Pixel 3?  I don't know, it just failed & had a defect.  But he has a warranty and is getting a replacement phone.

~Scott
cabinetbob
Paper Tape
Views: 161
Message 7 of 10

I appreciate your help. I do. The first issue was the notice of a message. The green dot! I dont have one. But now with this thing shutting off the way it is. It has gotten crazy today. I just couldnt keep it on. Got it to stay on long enough to disable the quick swipe feature and changed the sleep time to 30 minutes. It was on 3 minutes. Think it was counting 3 secs. It turn off that quickly. I just dont know what to think anymore..lol...just shoot it!! lol..
sajokaz
Bit Torrent
Views: 159
Message 8 of 10

Hopefully your phone is still within warranty and you can get a replacement.

For the BotiNotifica Dots, long press any open space on a Home screen and then select Settings.  These are your Launcher Settings.  Turn Notification Dots to On.  Then make sure that you have your lockscreen set to show some Notification content.  There are choices like All, etc.

Screenshot_20181105-124840.png

~Scott
cabinetbob
Paper Tape
Views: 113
Message 9 of 10

Wow!, guess I had it off. Thought it was on. I turned everything on that had to do with it. Missed the " one" . lol..Thanks. appreciate that. I am sending it back. Does have a 30 day warranty. I noticed this " black screen, blank screen power off " thing happens only when its not plugged in. That doesnt help. Do you know what is the latest model?
sajokaz
Bit Torrent
Views: 109
Message 10 of 10

The Z2 Play and Z2 Force were released in 2017.  The Z3 and Z3 Play were released this year, a few months ago.

~Scott
Top Kudoed Authors