Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DustinClark
What's DOS?
Views: 7,462
Message 1 of 77

phone audio: I can hear them, they can't hear me

Well this is weird, I call my wife ONLY and she cannot hear me on her galaxy phone, I call my daughter on her Iphone and she can hear me, everyone else I call can hear me except my wife....

Lenovo Employee rbkirk
Lenovo Employee
Views: 7,187
Message 2 of 77

Re: phone audio: I can hear them, they can't hear me

The solution to this problem is simple.

Replace wife's defective Galaxy phone with a Moto Z2 Force, or other new model Moto phone.

Ok, on to a more serious note...

I would see if your wife's phone "works" if paired to a bluetooth headset, which would override it's built in speakers and microphone. If she then can hear and speak to you just fine, the Galaxy phone IS defective, and should be replaced.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 7,174
Message 3 of 77

Hi DustinClark

I believe there is nothing wrong with your phone since you mentioned that everyone else can hear you except your wife. Perhaps you can contact the manufacturer of your wife's phone for further assistance. 

Regards,
Ella
Motorola Support

Ricardo85
Punch Card
Views: 6,933
Message 4 of 77

Re: Moto Z2 Force Speakerphone Concern

URGENT! This is my first MOTOROLA device from T-Mobile and the proublems with the software are Speaker Crackling terribly and since on Oreo Android 8.0.0 issues have gotten worst on Oreo update people with a Samsung Galaxy S7 can't hear me from my Moto z2 force but every one else is okay. I've had 3 devices replaced and still the same proublems after the update. I've did all the trouble shooting steps and and had the device replaced. Can you Please fix these proublems. I'm not the only one experiencing these proublems, Thanks!

Mon73
Token Ring
Views: 6,914
Message 5 of 77

@Ricardo85 wrote:

URGENT! This is my first MOTOROLA device from T-Mobile and the proublems with the software are Speaker Crackling terribly and since on Oreo Android 8.0.0 issues have gotten worst on Oreo update people with a Samsung Galaxy S7 can't hear me from my Moto z2 force but every one else is okay. I've had 3 devices replaced and still the same proublems after the update. I've did all the trouble shooting steps and and had the device replaced. Can you Please fix these proublems. I'm not the only one experiencing these proublems, Thanks!

That's strange. That was the one thing it DID clear up for me. No more crackling for me on speakerphone or earpiece at max volume. Now, having VoLTE turned on is a different issue. I still get this constant trailing static (hiss) with every word spoken by my callers when VoLTE is on. But, when off, calls are now perfect and crackle free even at full volume. I am cursed with VoLTE and have yet to own a phone that it works on. Never got it to work reliably with my Droid Turbo 2 on Verizon either. 

Ricardo85
Punch Card
Views: 6,903
Message 6 of 77

??? HD CALLING IS SUPER GREAT BETTER THAN Samsung. Wif bug sms bug and display also not auto ajusting and the peaple with a S7 Edge can't hear me.
Ricardo85
Punch Card
Views: 6,902
Message 7 of 77

IT'S THE Volte now my sister can hear me after turning off Volte Whappen Please fix this.
Highlighted
Styler87
Paper Tape
Views: 7,097
Message 8 of 77

I've got this exact same issue since my phone updated to Oreo 8.0, so far it seems that anyone with a Samsung Galaxy can't hear me at all on normal, speaker phone, or video phone calls, I've got 3 family members that have galaxies and they all have the same issue.  However it works just fine with third party apps such as facebook messenger.  Motorola sent me a replacement phone and it worked just fine until the new phone updated and then the exact same problem happened.  Motorola's solution is to send another replacement phone but they won't listen to me that the issue is somewhere in the new software update.

Styler87
Paper Tape
Views: 7,083
Message 9 of 77

I just posted about my issue with the same thing and someone replied saying that a lot of other threads suggest disabling the VoLTE option under the settings screen in the call app.  That seems to have fixed it for me, try that because it seems to be an issue with Android Oreo and connecting with Samsung Galaxies.

dnwk
What's DOS?
Views: 7,071
Message 10 of 77

I have the same problem too. Calling anyone with Samsung phone on the same network will result in one way audio. Fix it! 

Top Kudoed Authors