Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LADYJUSTICE7
Paper Tape
Views: 889
Message 21 of 77

Re: phone audio: I can hear them, they can't hear me

@ moto_ella

I didn't have the option to completely disable.  I was given the option for LTE, 3G, or 2G.  I selected 3G and now my daughter can hear me on her Samsung S7.  Thanks.  But my question is why are we having to do this after the software update?  Nobody seems to be able to question. From your post you suggest that after my daughter's samsung phone gets it's update, I will be able to go back to LTE.  Is this correct?

Moto_Ella wrote:

Once it is updated to the latest version this will not be an issue anymore

Styler87
Paper Tape
Views: 871
Message 22 of 77

My sisters updated their samsung galaxies and the problem persisted until both them and I turned off the VoLTE.  When I just disabled it on my phone, then if I called them we could both hear each other, if they called me then they couldn't hear me still.  It wasn't solved until VoLTE was disabled on both phones, so it's an issue with the software not just a matter of Samsung owners needing to update their phone.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 811
Message 23 of 77

Hi all, 

We would like to get more details prior this concern. We would like to ask it to test again and give us the exact time the issue occurred with the audio. We would also like to get the phone number for both devices and current build/software versions for both phones. Please PM me the details. Thanks!

- Ella

HokieAl
Punch Card
Views: 787
Message 24 of 77

T-Mobile Oreo VoLTE with S7/S7 Edge

I've been on Reddit, the T-Mobile support forums, customer support, and T-Force.  Does anyone here know when an update will be pushed that fixes the VoLTE issue?

In case you're unaware, since the Oreo update, T-Mobile branded Z2 Force's on the T-Mobile network has a problem with T-Mobile branded Galaxy S7/S7 Edges on the T-Mobile network when making a VoLTE call.  The Galaxy cannot hear the Z2 Force no matter what you do (speakerphone, bluetooth, etc.).  If the call is in 3G or 2G, it works fine.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 763
Message 25 of 77

Re: T-Mobile Oreo VoLTE with S7/S7 Edge

@HokieAl wrote:

I've been on Reddit, the T-Mobile support forums, customer support, and T-Force.  Does anyone here know when an update will be pushed that fixes the VoLTE issue?

In case you're unaware, since the Oreo update, T-Mobile branded Z2 Force's on the T-Mobile network has a problem with T-Mobile branded Galaxy S7/S7 Edges on the T-Mobile network when making a VoLTE call.  The Galaxy cannot hear the Z2 Force no matter what you do (speakerphone, bluetooth, etc.).  If the call is in 3G or 2G, it works fine.

Hi HokieAl

We are aware of this and we are working on addressing this. But we need details for us to test on. If you can send us your details via PM so we can forward it to our Engineers for further testing. 

- Ella

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 764
Message 26 of 77

Hi Everyone, 

We would like to follow-up on this concern so we would like to get some information. Please send it via PM so I can forward it to our Engineers. 

- Ella

Spdsk8race
Fanfold Paper
Views: 686
Message 27 of 77

I sent you a private message Ella in regards to this.
Justin
Spdsk8race
Fanfold Paper
Views: 691
Message 28 of 77

Do you guys need the cpdump from the hidden menu?
Justin
Lby
Paper Tape
Views: 667
Message 29 of 77

This is wrong. 2 Moto Zs and 1 S7 on our plan.. Everything worked on all phones until the Moto Z system upgrade. Then, the S7 couldn't hear the Z's. We could all hear everyone else, just fine. I spent hours on with TMobile tech support. They even sent us one new Z (warranty). It had 7.1 OS, and did not have the problem with S7. The Z that had 8.0 OS still did have the problem. The answer is in this thread. Someones suggested the following: click on phone icon; 3 dots upper right; settings; calls; uncheck VoLTE. That's it. That fixed the problem.
Lby
Paper Tape
Views: 667
Message 30 of 77

It's the VoLTE. You have to turn it off. Motorola tech support won't tell you that. Trust me - I was on the phone with them for hours before I found this thread.
Top Kudoed Authors