Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dnwk
What's DOS?
Views: 1,500
Message 11 of 77

Re: phone audio: I can hear them, they can't hear me

No, your Oreo upgrade break VoLTE. It was working fine before.

Angelicajeremy
Paper Tape
Views: 1,475
Message 12 of 77

I also have this issue, right after oreo update. Moto z2 tmobile.  My wife couldnt hear me, and only her. She has a galaxy phone. Disabling the  voLTE (call icon, top right corner the three dots, settings, calls, uncheck volte preferred) 'fixed' it but please fix the root cause. I travel and some places have lte access but no 2g so if i cant volte there i wont be able to call my wife.

Angelicajeremy
Paper Tape
Views: 1,476
Message 13 of 77

No your oreo update messed up voLTE, please correct this issue. Thanks

edw1n
Punch Card
Views: 1,444
Message 14 of 77

Same issue here. My friend has a samsung as well. Talked fine before update. We spent a good amount of time trying to find issue with no luck. Also, my internet connection seems to drop frequently when watching videos. They play and then just stop. On different apps and websites. I have unlimited plan and dont get slowed down when using data. To get it going i turn on/off airplane mode and the video continues. Never ran into this problem before update. Now i find myself hitting airplane mode a few times a day. 

Ricardo85
Punch Card
Views: 1,289
Message 15 of 77

Re: Moto Z2 Force Speakerphone Concern

I did many complaints to all but notated everything and it's being ignored people.😤

Defour
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,428
Message 16 of 77

No voice when calling Samsung phones

Ever since I upgraded to the new update on my Moto z force I can call contacts but I can hear them but they can't hear me is anyone else haveing this problem 

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 1,404
Message 17 of 77

Re: No voice when calling Samsung phones

@Defour wrote:

Ever since I upgraded to the new update on my Moto z force I can call contacts but I can hear them but they can't hear me is anyone else haveing this problem 

It was reported in another thread. Someone saying turning off VoLTE fixes it.

It has been reported to Moto. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 1,395
Message 18 of 77

Hi Everyone, 

Sorry if this has to happen but it doesn't seem to be an issue with our phones. Please make sure that your Samsung devices are updated and you may contact their support for further assistance. 

Regards,

Ella

Motorola Support

Angelicajeremy
Paper Tape
Views: 1,347
Message 19 of 77

@moto_ella 

Or instead of passing the buck to someone else, you can show everyone that moto is a brand we want to continue purchasing in the future and take initiative and contact google and samsung and see what is going on. I don't for the life of me understand it. Somehow something is treating the call from a voLTE different than a regular 2g placed phone call. It could be the sattelite handoff. Why it affects samsung phones i have no idea. It makes no sense. one end of the call should not be affected by the connection methodology of the other end. If i use 2g, 3g, wifi or voLTE to make a call the other phone should not know the difference, much less treat the audio differently, but somehow it is. Odds are the problem is somewhere in the middle between you all. However, samsung is a MUCH larger cell company than you. If you want to win our business you best be better than them. They can afford to ignore this issue and frustrated people will come to them, not you. So I would work harder to win over more customers, not go "it doesn't seem to be an issue with our phones" as that answer doesn't really inspire loyalty and i really doubt you have truely investigated the root cause vs look for a reason to pass it over.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 1,325
Message 20 of 77

Hi  everyone, 

Sorry for an incomplete detail I provided. 

As what I have suggested, please have your Samsung device suggested. Once it is updated to the latest version this will not be an issue anymore. In the meantime, until the Samsung device is updated you can disable VoLTE, but keep in mind that will also disable Voice/Data at the same time.

- Ella

Top Kudoed Authors