Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HokieAl
Punch Card
Views: 509
Message 31 of 77

Re: phone audio: I can hear them, they can't hear me

That is just a workaround until there's a real fix. VoLTE is preferred in general.

juels98
Paper Tape
Views: 470
Message 32 of 77

Re: T-Mobile Oreo VoLTE with S7/S7 Edge

I'm having the same issue-- I can't speak to my mom who's got Galaxy S7 on T-Mobile. If I turn off VoLTE, it works-- then after a few times it fails again. Then I need to trigger VoLTE on and off again-- then it works for a bit.

HokieAl
Punch Card
Views: 463
Message 33 of 77

Is there any progress on this? When can we expect a patch to fix VoLTE?

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 431
Message 34 of 77

@juels98 wrote:

I'm having the same issue-- I can't speak to my mom who's got Galaxy S7 on T-Mobile. If I turn off VoLTE, it works-- then after a few times it fails again. Then I need to trigger VoLTE on and off again-- then it works for a bit.

We are already working on this. In the meantime, you may need to turn the VoLTE off to make it work. 

In order for our Engineers to test this on, we would be needing some information. We would like to get the following details: 

- exact time the issue occurred

- phone number for both devices

- current build/software versions for both phones.

Kindly send it via PM. Thanks!

- Ella

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 423
Message 35 of 77

Hi edw1n

I sent you a PM for the Samsung concern. This thread is intended for a different concern and it would be difficult for us to follow if different concern would be posted. 

Meanwhile, you can try reset network settings. Go to Settings> Backup and Reset> Network Settings Reset > Reset Settings. 

- Ella

HokieAl
Punch Card
Views: 417
Message 36 of 77

This should be extremely easy for the Lenovo engineers to reproduce.  This is ~ALL~ they need to do.

1). Get a T-Mobile branded Samsung Galaxy S7 or S7 Edge.  Make sure it's got the latest update, or at least the 2nd most recent.

2). Get a T-Mobile branded Motorola Z2 Force.  And get the OTA update for Oreo.

3). Get a T-Mobile SIM card and service for each.

4). Make sure you have LTE signals on both devices, and have one call the other.  The Samsung won't be able to hear the Motorola person talking.

That's it.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 416
Message 37 of 77

Hi LADYJUSTICE7

Sorry for the delay in response. It's great to hear that it has worked on your end. 

Well, we actually are trying to determine what has happened after the update. We are currently running an investigation and that is why we are gathering some data for our Engineers to test on. 

Prior to LTE, I don't think there would be an issue selecting that option. 

- Ella

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 415
Message 38 of 77

@Lby wrote:
It's the VoLTE. You have to turn it off. Motorola tech support won't tell you that. Trust me - I was on the phone with them for hours before I found this thread.

Hi, 

Thanks for sharing this info. We actually have asked to have the phones updated and then disabling the VoLTE. And we are already investigating this concern. If in case you may experience the same thing, you can send the following details via PM so we can have our Engineers check on it. 

We would like to get the following details:
- the exact time the issue occurred
- phone number for both devices
- current build/software versions of both phones.

- Ella

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 408
Message 39 of 77

@juels98 wrote:

Hi, 

Sorry if you also have to experience such. That is our temporary workaround as we are currently investigating on this. Meanwhile, you may also try updating your Samsung device. Once it is updated to the latest version, please observe your phone if the issue persists. 

- Ella

nyuamo
What's DOS?
Views: 377
Message 40 of 77

I have the same problem! It's worth ALL Samsung Galaxy 7! When they cannot hear me I have to use an alternative way (fb, snap chat, hangouts). It only happens when the person has that phone! Also Bluetooth did not over ride this issue!

Top Kudoed Authors