Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
railcrew2
Fanfold Paper
Views: 857
Message 1 of 8

"Battery Usage Since Last Full Charge" wrong

I have a new Z2 Force and I have only had it a few days. when I check battery usage, there it says ..."app usage since full charge (64 days 4 hours 30 min. ago)"... I've fully charged it a few times since I've had it, why doesn't it say like "5 hours ago" or whatever... is there a way to reset it? I've tried the hard reboot I've even done the "Battery Calibrate" method ...

Porphyrius
Bit Torrent
Views: 841
Message 2 of 8

Re: "Battery Usage Since Last Full Charge" wrong

I'm not sure what you mean by a,"Hard" reboot.Have you tried a,"Soft" reboot that emulates taking the Battery out?

Fully press in the hold in the Volume control and then hold in the Power button until the phone restarts.

Did you calibrate the Battery this way?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Moto-G5-Moto-G5-Plus/Moto-G5-Battery-Calibration/td-p/3719469

railcrew2
Fanfold Paper
Views: 802
Message 3 of 8

you can't remove the battery on the Z2... a Hard reboot is ...hold the power button for aprox. 10 seconds until it shuts off release button,  then it comes back on after a short wait...  the procedure you described is how to get into safe mode... yes, I did the calibration according to Motorola specs...

Porphyrius
Bit Torrent
Views: 800
Message 4 of 8

@railcrew2 wrote:

you can't remove the battery on the Z2... a Hard reboot is ...hold the power button for aprox. 10 seconds until it shuts off release button,  then it comes back on after a short wait...  the procedure you described is how to get into safe mode... yes, I did the calibration according to Motorola specs...

The procedure I posted is not how to get into Safemode.To get into Safemode you press the power key and then long press on the shutdown menu and choose Safemode.

sajokaz
Bit Torrent
Views: 798
Message 5 of 8

If you reboot by holding the power button for 10+ seconds until andit reboots  then put the phone on the original charger and let it charge until 100%, plus another 30 minutes that is supposed to reset all the battery stats.

~Scott
sajokaz
Bit Torrent
Views: 796
Message 6 of 8

@Porphyrius wrote:

@railcrew2 wrote:

The procedure I posted is not how to get into Safemode.To get into Safemode you press the power key and then long press on the shutdown menu and choose Safemode.

That changed at some point, maybe Oreo?  There is no Safe Mode prompt anymore, it just reboots to safe mode

~Scott
railcrew2
Fanfold Paper
Views: 766
Message 7 of 8

Yes, I have done it that way, my next question on the calibration, after it comes back on, do I wait for a full load of the phone screen or plug it in as soon as the splash/startup screen shows

UPDATE: I let the phone fully open to desktop and then pluged it in, now it's fine.

slapham2129
What's DOS?
Views: 373
Message 8 of 8

I have the same problem. It started this morning. I heard my phone re-boot as I was getting ready for work and now this.

How do I fix it???

Top Kudoed Authors