Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto Z Phones - Mod CapableMoto Z Force
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

01-01-2018

United States of America

1 Signins

19 Page Views

• Views: 19
  • Message 161 of 175

Re: And here we are again with more Motorola BS

2018-01-01, 17:36 PM

No, I have not. I was working on this in the middle of the night, and getting increasingly frustrated, so it didn't really occur to me.

Options

1 Posts

01-24-2018

Netherlands

6 Signins

22 Page Views

• Views: 22
  • Message 162 of 175

Re: "Your device has failed verification and may not work properly" message upon boot

2018-01-24, 18:36 PM

When I once booted my Moto g5(somewhere around August 2017) it also showed the message that my device failed verification, and when I visited motorola.com/unlockbootloader it said something about rooting Wich I never did so I would love to get some answers.

(sorry if I misspelled something, I'm not English)

Kind regards, Sam

Options

20 Posts

08-06-2012

United States of America

19 Signins

241 Page Views

• Views: 241
  • Message 163 of 175

Re: "Your device has failed verification and may not work properly" message upon boot

2018-05-07, 21:50 PM

Anyone ever find a fix for this. Yesterday I was charging my phone and it all the sudden rebooted it self out of nowhere. I didn't think of anything tell today it just started to reboot it self over and over. 

Then a screen came up to finally saying my device has failed and may not work properly. Number na. 

Verizon says theirs nothing wrong with it and I told them it never can up like that before. They had me factory reset it and still has the bootloader error screen coming up. 

Options

20 Posts

08-06-2012

United States of America

19 Signins

241 Page Views

• Message 164 of 175

2018-05-09, 3:19 AM

Is this community dead, haven't seen anyone awnser questions since 5/4/18. This used to be such an active community now it just seems dead.

Options

30 Posts

05-14-2017

Ireland

40 Signins

532 Page Views

• Views: 532
  • Message 165 of 175

2018-05-09, 9:03 AM

Lenovo bought Motola to make money, not to support users...

I have had 4 Lenovo/Motorola devices and three of them have ended broken because of its terrible quality, one of them is a Moto G5 that is giving me the exact same error.... It have been in a closet for months. I was told to send it to technical support in order to get it "fixed", so I suposss I'll do it before the guarantee expires... Then I'll try to sell it for a few chocolate coins and will for forget about this unprofessional vendor...

Elías - Embedded systems software engineer
Options

10 Posts

08-09-2017

Brazil

6 Signins

88 Page Views

• Views: 88
  • Message 166 of 175

2018-05-09, 13:56 PM
I guess you are absolutely right on your plan.
+1 following
Options

20 Posts

08-06-2012

United States of America

19 Signins

241 Page Views

• Message 167 of 175

Your device has failed verification and may not work properly" message upon boot

2018-05-14, 20:59 PM

I was charging my phone and it all the sudden rebooted it self out of nowhere. I didn't think of anything tell today it just started to reboot it self over and over.

Then a screen came up to finally saying my device has failed and may not work properly. ID:na

Verizon says theirs nothing wrong with it and I told them it never can up like that before. They had me factory reset it and still has the bootloader error screen coming up.

And now it won't install Netflix because it thinks my phone is rooted when it is not.

Options

7 Posts

01-29-2019

United States of America

2 Signins

199 Page Views

• Views: 199
  • Message 168 of 175

2019-01-29, 2:04 AM

wrote:

Tom from Motorola and I were able to meet (via Google Hangouts), and thanks to his guidance, this problem is now solved on my (Verizon branded) Moto Z Force Droid smartphone!  If you have this problem, and your Moto Z is from Verizon (Tom did restate to me that this fix will not work for retail/non-Verizon branded Moto Z's, unfortunetely), here are the steps to fix the problem:

1)  Download and then install the "Verizon Software Update Utility" on your Windows PC from this link:  http://www.motorola.com/verizonsoftwareupdatewin

2)  Connect your Moto Z to that PC via a USB-C to standard USB cable.

3)  Swipe down on the status bar (located at the top) on your smartphone, then tap the notification for "Other USB Options."  Tap the "Software Installation" option.

4)  Open the "Verizon Software Update Utility" application on your Windows PC (if you haven't already).

5)  Wait a good 10-30 seconds (at least) for the "Verizon Software Update Utility" to a) check for updates to itself, and then b) discover your attached smartphone.

6)  When available, click on the red "Restore" button within the "Verizon Software Update Utility" (shown in one of the previous screenshots in this thread).

7)  Choose whether to erase or keep all your data during this process.  Choosing to keep all my data worked for me during this process!

8)  After that, it seems like it took around 30 minutes to download the Moto Z Android image, decompress that Android image, and then install it to the phone.  After that process is done though, the problem should be fixed, as it was fixed for me!

If by chance, you run into that same "error extracting files from server" message (or something similar...I can't remeber exactly) that I did (and I posted a screenshot of it earlier in this thread), just post back here and I will provide you the instructions on how to fix that problem too.

Tom, many thanks for (as I said before) not giving up on this problem, and working with me on a solution.  I am extremely appreciative!!

Hi! 

I am trying to troubleshoot my phone following these steps and my Software Upgrade Assistant is not able to identify my phone. I have unplugged and replugged it back in multiple times and I don't know what else to do. 

Options

7 Posts

01-29-2019

United States of America

2 Signins

199 Page Views

• Views: 199
  • Message 169 of 175

2019-01-29, 2:23 AM

wrote:

You shouldn't have your phone fully booted if you are trying the method I mentioned. You need to do the following steps

1. turn off the phone

2. unplug the charging cable

3. hold the power button and the volume down button at the same time to boot into fastboot (it will look hacker(y))

from this screen start the verizon software assistant

select "click to learn why my device has not been detected"

select "click here" if the device is not powering on. From this screen your phone should be detected as long as it's still in the fastboot mode. If you fully boot into android it won't work.

I'm not sure if you're experiencing exactly what I did but that's what worked for me. Good luck!

Thank you for this. I was trying the original steps posted by the OP and Tom, but it wouldn't detect my phone until I followed your steps as well. Thank you for the help. Hopefully my phone won't have any more issues 

Options

3 Posts

05-27-2017

United States of America

4 Signins

22 Page Views

• Views: 22
  • Message 170 of 175

2019-01-29, 2:40 AM

Did you actually find a fix? I have had this issue for about two years now and have given up on fixing it. If you have a fix that is amazing and would love to know it! If you do not that's okay I will just never buy this phone or brand again.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms