Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jkow
Punch Card
Views: 535
Message 61 of 72

Re: ADs continue to pop up in my screen

I got my phone from Motorola. It was new. 

sajokaz
Bit Torrent
Views: 535
Message 62 of 72

Many antivirus apps for Android do nothing.  Some do more harm than good. And many of the ads being discussed here, that come from within apps, don't appear in the antivirus list.

My Verizon branded Z2 Force, Z2 Play, Z Force, Z Play, Turbo 2, etc have all had some of the game apps mentioned here pre-installed on the phone.  I always disable them instantly, or Uninstall if they have an unonunins option.  But these aren't Moto developed apps, they are put on the phone by Moto or by the carrier that sells the phone.  If the preinspre-ins game apps are causing ads then the developer that designed the app built the ads into them and they should be reported so these apps don't get pre-loaded any more

~Scott
Ryan109
What's DOS?
Views: 440
Message 63 of 72

Ive been having the same problem and it say this.

sajokaz
Bit Torrent
Views: 439
Message 64 of 72

That's from an app.  What app is open at that point?  What apps have you installed recently?  These ads come from apps we install, they are not just part of the phone and not part of Android itself.  App developers put these ads in their apps.

~Scott
bbguy76
What's DOS?
Views: 356
Message 65 of 72

My Moto G6 is receiving full-screen popups that interrupt anything I am doing. I lose any translation or text that I am working on. The pop-ups seem to be related to free gaming apps. I have no gaming apps. I did a factory reset 2 times no luck. They pop up every few minutes very frustrating I have a new Z4 and I do not want to transfer my info and data from the G6 till I know this is corrected I cannot get screenshots. thank you. 

sajokaz
Bit Torrent
Views: 355
Message 66 of 72

Duul screen ads always come from apps.  It might not be the app you think.  But they come from apps.  Personally, I never copy data from one phone to another....too many problems with that.  I always setup a new phone as new.

~Scott
devileye
What's DOS?
Views: 176
Message 67 of 72

I have got a similar issue every time the popup ads show its irritating, please help

Highlighted
sajokaz
Bit Torrent
Views: 171
Message 68 of 72

@devileye wrote:

I have got a similar issue every time the popup ads show its irritating, please help

Those ads come from apps.  Apps that we install.  They are not just part of the phone and not part of Android itself.  App developers put these ads in their apps to generate money.

~Scott
devileye
What's DOS?
Views: 168
Message 69 of 72

how can I identify those apps
sajokaz
Bit Torrent
Views: 167
Message 70 of 72

That's the tricky part.  When did this start?  What app was installed just before then?  It's not always easy to identify which one is causing the ads.  You can search online for each one of the apps you installed from the Play Store and see if they are known to cause ads.  Or uninstall them one at a time and see when the ads stop, etc.  There is no simple easy way that I know of.

~Scott

And We're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Top Kudoed Authors