Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RickS50
Paper Tape
Views: 1,081
Message 21 of 47

Re: Android Auto Connection Problems

Yes, still having issues with Android Auto not being able to maintain consistent USB connection that does not hickup constantly when doing anything.

I also cannot maintain Bluetooth connectivity with any device. My software technician at work ran the phone through the debugging console and the Bluetooth request just get rejected continually and dropped. He said it was a problem with the device itself. 

Please please please we need a firmware update (or even a roll back)!

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 996
Message 22 of 47

Hi RickS50,

Thanks for getting back. Have you tried connecting to a different deck, aside from the Pioneer?

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

avalino
Paper Tape
Views: 913
Message 23 of 47

RE: Moto Z3 on Honda CRV 2017. I am having the same problem. Android auto stop working . Dito to all previous read threads. Do you have a solution ??? Or should I return my phone back to MOTO ?

RickS50
Paper Tape
Views: 903
Message 24 of 47

Rich,

After asking many friends and relatives none of them have Android Auto in their vehicles.

I ended up grabbing a Z3 on a Black Friday deal so I've basically just thrown money at the problem. At least this phone has an unlockable boot loader (the Z Force was the Verizon flavor so locked boot loader).

Just to make three point though I'll put together a video and share the link, hopefully in the next couple of days.

surfing191
Paper Tape
Views: 886
Message 25 of 47

Same Issue with My G4,  on 2018 Honda Accord.  When I email support they keep saying its my cable and may not be compatable.  I am sure this is not the case, since my Nexus 5 is working fine with the same cable.  

avalino
Paper Tape
Views: 867
Message 26 of 47

I think I may have found a problem. Honda has a sub-menu called "smartphone" under "setup" look in there and see if you're phones name is listed. If it is in that submenue delete it. Then go into the cars Bluetooth pairing and delete it from there as well as from your phone. Delete Android-auto cache or just remove it and reinstall it. 

Once you clean out all traces of the connection re-connect the phone USB cable and see if you're car prompts you to connect to Android-auto. 

Do not perform a separate Bluetooth pairing. Just connect the phone with the USB cable and follow the prompts.

Hope this works. It did for me.

xandey
Punch Card
Views: 803
Message 27 of 47

Hi, I don't have a Z play I have a moto x4, but I believe our symptoms are the same. I'd suggest you all return your phone. If you can't, we had some improvment using a high quality 3rd party cable, but it didn't fix everyone's problem. It made the disconnects less frequent. (the cable moto shipped with the phone was worse than the 3rd party ones for me)

The support guys responded to our thread for a while but then they appear to have given up. I even recorded videos showing the issue which involved getting a dashcam pointed at my infotainment for a few hours and collecting bug reports. I also replaced my phone through fi which didn't help.

Our moto x4 thread is here: https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Moto-X4/Android-Auto-random-disconnects-8-1-0-OPW28-2/m-p/4176925#M5099

the "solution" is just a listing of better performing cables.

I'm interested if moto helps you guys out with an actual solution. I would really suggest you all return your phones if you can and buy something non-motorola.

Ramrod73
Paper Tape
Views: 788
Message 28 of 47

I have been using AA for 6 months with mimimal issues. Last week it just disconnected and now intermittently connects and disconnects. I am using an official Moto USB C cable for my Driod Z Force. I have now tried multiple cables and another Droid Z Force phone and it just starts and stops over and over again. When it first happened it had been running all day. I have uninstalled, reinstalled, cleared etc. and still not working.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 770
Message 29 of 47

Hi Ramrod73,

Thanks for posting. I appreciate for trying a different cable. I'd like to confirm, are you also having intermittent charging issue? I'm thinking if it's the port itself which needs to be addressed. Also, please share me the make and model of your vehicle's deck, so I can check. Let me know. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

Ramrod73
Paper Tape
Views: 732
Message 30 of 47

Hi Rich,

I have had that issue of intermittent charging. However it has been rare. The Vehicle is a 2017 Ford F-150 with Sync 3. I just received another cable to try today and same issue, it just connects then disconnects over and over.

Top Kudoed Authors