Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 1,035
Message 31 of 43

Re: Android Auto Connection Problems

Hi Ramrod73,

Can you please check if the charging port is clean? Also, check if the plate is still in good condition. Let me know. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

Ramrod73
Paper Tape
Views: 1,017
Message 32 of 43

Hi Rich,

Yes the port is clean and the plate is in good condition.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 976
Message 33 of 43

Hi Ramrod73

Could you please send us a BUG report?

1. Go to Settings -> About Phone -> Tap on Build number 7 times on the build number to go in to the developer options mode]
2. After the above steps Developer options will be enabled.
3. Go to Settings ->Developer options -> Enable Usb debugging > Toggle On
4. Enable Settings -> Developer options -> Enable Bug Report shortcut > Toggle On
5. Enable Settings -> Developer options -> Enable Enable Bluetooth HCI snoop log > Toggle On
6. Once the issue is reproduced, Go to Settings -> Developer options -> Click on take bug report or Press Power button and then choose Bug Report from the Power down menu.
7. Wait for some time until the bug report is collected. It takes around 3 to 4 minutes to collect the Bug Report.
8. Then upload the BugReport to your personal Google Drive
9. Open the File Manager app on your phone and tap on Local on the top right. Browse to internal.
10. Upload the btsnoop_hci.log to your Google Drive as well
11. Share the link to the BugReport and btsnoop_hci.log on the forums in a reply or via a private message.
12. Provide observations of what you saw happen right before the bug report was taken. Please indicate the time that you observed the behavior in local time.
13. One completed to Settings-> Developer options -> Enable Bluetooth HCI snoop log > Toggle Off

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

Ramrod73
Paper Tape
Views: 933
Message 34 of 43

Hi Rich,

Please see below.

*Removed BR*

Edited: for privacy - Rich

Ramrod73
Paper Tape
Views: 931
Message 35 of 43

AA connected, disconnects, connects and disconnects. This was around 3pm EST.

Ramrod73
Paper Tape
Views: 930
Message 36 of 43

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 894
Message 37 of 43

Hi Ramrod73,

Thanks for the bug report. I'll have my team check on this, and at the same time kindly report it to Google, following the instruction provided on this link.  Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

Donna63
What's DOS?
Views: 559
Message 38 of 43

My Motorola won’t work on Android Auto on my 2018 Buick Enclave. Using the same cord, my husband’s Galaxy works perfectly. Same yesterday when I tried to use it with a Chevy Traverse.

xandey
Punch Card
Views: 555
Message 39 of 43

@Donna63 wrote:

My Motorola won’t work on Android Auto on my 2018 Buick Enclave. Using the same cord, my husband’s Galaxy works perfectly. Same yesterday when I tried to use it with a Chevy Traverse.

Hi Donna63,

It seem as though moto made a crappy connector. I've had cords that work with every other phone i've tried. I did find some cords that work better for me though. I'm currently using the 1m Anker usbc - usba cable: (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07DCHF835/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1) 

I know it sucks and you think it should work with the cable moto sold with the phone, but i'd suggest trying the anker one, it's only $8 and if it fixes your problem it may save you a lot of time.

moto says nothing about this, they've been "working on it" since last summer and never said anything to any of us about a fix or workaround.

chrisemme1
Fanfold Paper
Views: 528
Message 40 of 43

Hello haveing same issue 2019 Soul Usb not recognizing phone connected. I have a cable that tranfers data verified by connecting computer. The Android auto and the UVO system do not initilize and I too am frustrated. I know the data port on vehicle is active as I loaded music files on a drive and no problem streaming from usb drive and it also does charge the phone but no data connection being made with the phone. I have usb in debugging and have swithched from charging mode and still no connection. Please help very frustrating Thanks Chris

Top Kudoed Authors