Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SAHIL98
Punch Card
Views: 30,516
Message 1 of 128

Android P for moto Z2 play

It's been around month after official launch still we didn't get any idea about when will out device get the new taste of android (android Pie)

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 30,274
Message 2 of 128

Re: Android P for moto Z2 play

Hi SAHIL98,

We are working on the new Android 9.0 Pie code. Our goal is to get it right and make sure the phone performance is the best it can be. We'll share upgrade plans for our products and keep everyone posted on our software upgrade news page and the Motorola blog.

Here are the links:

https://support.motorola.com/us/en/softwareupgrade/countryselector
https://blog.motorola.com/

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

KukuRuku
What's DOS?
Views: 30,184
Message 3 of 128

Hi Rich,
Could you confirm that Android P for Z2 Play will be 64 bit?
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 30,087
Message 4 of 128

Hi KukuRuku,

Thanks for the response. It's a good question. I'll try to confirm or get more information about that. I'll get back to you. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Highlighted
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 30,034
Message 5 of 128

Hi KukuRuku,

I just got a response from my team. The Moto Z2 Play will not have a 64-bit processor after the update. Let me know if you have a question. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

KukuRuku
What's DOS?
Views: 30,032
Message 6 of 128

Hi Rich,

Thank you very much for your response.

To be honest your answer was not expected by me.

Phone is already manufacturer with 64bit supported CPU and I've read some threads in various forums that Android 9.0 will be only 64bit. 

I'm a little disappointed because this means that again we won't be able to install Google Camera on our phones. :-(

jacob_alexander
Paper Tape
Views: 28,526
Message 7 of 128

Great. No idea about Android P, such a elegantly made z2 play will be now elegant waste of brick ..

By the time z4 is own it's way. Really assuming P will not reach very soon for z2 play. Smiley Sad
Swaroop_1609
Fanfold Paper
Views: 26,682
Message 8 of 128

Why Motorola updates slow down?

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 26,642
Message 9 of 128

Hi Swaroop_1609,

Software can't be released until it's fully tested. And we test to make sure there are no significant errors. So if there are serious errors, the timing would have to move so that they can be addressed. Plus, there may be delays from partners or carriers that also need to conduct tests, and we don't have control over that.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

jacob_alexander
Paper Tape
Views: 26,555
Message 10 of 128

Seriously, do you think I am going to believe that .. but thanks for the reply..🤨🤨
Top Kudoed Authors