Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KishanLambo
What's DOS?
Views: 6,849
Message 11 of 123

Andriod update

Dear Motorola, when will we get our Andriod Pie update for our z2 play devices ?

Suresh311
Blue Screen Again
Views: 7,054
Message 12 of 123

Android pie update z2 play

Any software update for moro z2 Play?

#oreo 8.1

#pie 9.0

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 6,995
Message 13 of 123

Re: Android pie update z2 play

Hello.

You can use this link: Software Upgrade Page to see where your device stands in terms of software upgrades.

Thanks,

J

Artim96
802.11n
Views: 6,933
Message 14 of 123

Re: Android pie update z2 play

8.1 will never come, 9.0 at some point next year... Nobody knows when
rishi45
Blue Screen Again
Views: 6,130
Message 15 of 123

Z2 play pie update

When will be the Android Pie update coming  to Moto Z2 play. Almost all phones support Ed are getting these day. Even I heard that the Moto x4 also started receiving Android pie update . So when will it be coming and will it be a 64 bit OS or at least it bring dual volte or potrait mode on Moto camera

NetherRealm
SCSI Port
Views: 6,082
Message 16 of 123

Re: Android P for moto Z2 play

To answer all questions about realease dates motorMot doesn't post specific dates for software updates... With the Moto X Pure they didn't release 7.0.0 until half a year afterwards? Anyways, the Moto Z2 play will get the pie update after all other phones are already running it... Stability over pleasing the crowd... If you wanted updates you'd have a pixel... But they have their own problems... Mostly manufacturing flaws...

Besides, Android 9 will change quite a lot under the hood, and the way your phone works will be changed entirely... We are lucky it's getting updated at all...

Just wait until it releases or buy a new phone that is shipped with pie... That's the verdict.

rajivgandhi
Fanfold Paper
Views: 5,547
Message 17 of 123

Important needs in Pie update in Moto Z2 play

Important needs in Pie update:

1.First of all need scheduled power on off option

2. Idea volte support in India particularly Tamilnadu

3. Fully support dark mode for all native apps and third party apps support

4. Option for data speed in notification & daily data usage in notification panel.

5. Dual apps support

6. Importantly AppLock with fingerprint

7. Display colour mode need more option to better display colours. It's have only standard and vivid mode. standard mode is very low saturate. vivid mode is very high saturate So need in betweenone colour mode.

mroura
Core Memory
Views: 5,032
Message 18 of 123

Re: Important needs in Pie update in Moto Z2 play

Not holding my breath. Sorry to say, but looking at the platform support, Z2 will very likely be my last Moto device.

Security updates: Slowed down. OS updates: Ever slow. Communication: Minimal (to say the least).

In 2019 any manufacturer should be able to come up with an ETA for an already announced OS update.

According to official blog statement Android Pie is "on it´s way" since August 2018. You don't say, Moto.

Looking at this it is especially frustrating to read these "It's done, when it's done" flavoured statements on the topic.

NetherRealm
SCSI Port
Views: 5,006
Message 19 of 123

I completely agree with you, the Moto Z2 play will almost certainly be my last Motorola phone... Unless they start pushing better hpones that have the snapdragon 800 series chipset and updates are released at a better rate. It's too bad that will unlikely ever happen.

I think I might switch to the Pixel Lineup or, if I hate myself the Galaxy Line of phones... At this point I am looking around so I can find a phone that will be a good choice by the end of the year... If motorola steps their game up on their handsets I will definitely reconsider, but until then I am looking around...

The reason I find it hard to switch away is that there isnt any bloatware installed by default which is a big turn-off to me. It's too bad too.

SAHIL98
Punch Card
Views: 5,003
Message 20 of 123

Lenovo just spoiled all the fun and service. There was a time when g4+ got android N within 5-6 months. And now they're are just avoiding software updates. I don't trust moto now. Atleast give your customer a good hardware (specs) or software update on time.( If you can't give both of them).

P.S. :- this is my last moto phone nd i don't suggest anyone to buy moto these days🤷‍♂️

Top Kudoed Authors