Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Prathmesh_Jain
Blue Screen Again
Views: 617
Message 51 of 125

Re: Android P for moto Z2 play

Google sends updates to all manufacturers together and not rolling the updates out is Motorola's decision. Si I'm pretty sure Motorola is to blame for the slow updates. Specially when android p has been out for months.

jacob_alexander
Paper Tape
Views: 614
Message 52 of 125

Enough of the talks. Can anyone here have any idea or info whether Moto z2 play will get Android P ... ?????

sajokaz
Bit Torrent
Views: 611
Message 53 of 125

BigWilly
SCSI Port
Views: 558
Message 54 of 125

^ we've all seen that link and heard the lip service.  My phone is paid off, but now I know not to buy Motorola again.

I'm posting this April 7 2019

A year after my last security update. 

Shame on Motorola, no more excuses just push ota like every other manufacturer on Android  

Artim96
802.11n
Views: 550
Message 55 of 125

That you are stuck on April 2018 patch is unfortunate but that's your own fault of you just sit there and wait for an OTA too magically fix that. Moto is pushing patches bimonthly, at least as long as it's not around Christmas/new years.
Of course that doesn't excuse for them not to deliver the big updates. But Z3 and G6 just got Pie so it should be only a few month until official release for us. Once it's running on one device it shouldn't be that hard to have it running on the rest. The difference in hardware isn't that big
BigWilly
SCSI Port
Views: 545
Message 56 of 125

"That you are stuck on April 2018 patch is unfortunate but that's your own fault of you just sit there and wait for an OTA too magically fix that. "

^ Ok, what should I do to fix it?  The website clearly says go to system, update, and if there is one it comes over the air.  When I do this nothing happens.

Enlighten me, maybe with less sarcasm, arrogance.

Artim96
802.11n
Views: 541
Message 57 of 125

Well, the official way would be to send it in for repair or at least do a factory reset. On the unofficial side it's no secret that there are websites where you can download the latest firmware and there are guides (including videos) about how to install them, even without doing a factory reset in that process.
That all I can tell you here without too big of a risc to be deleted or censored
BigWilly
SCSI Port
Views: 539
Message 58 of 125

I have tried factory reset many times, does nothing.  I don't think getting a rom from random site is good for security lol.  But thanks, it's not just this phone.  I have bought another z2, and two other x4's, and they are all garbage, all a year behind on security release.

I am glad some of you can make it work with this company but I have given them thousands the last few years and all they have given me is grief.

To send to repair place would be more than the phone is worth sadly.

Thanks Lenovo, you ruined a once great US brand.  You are riding the coat tails of the motorola of the 90s and as soon as the old people who remember that are dead or too feable to buy their own phones and on to jitterbug or whatever, you will wither away.

I should have mentioned all the steps I have tried to get what I think is basic, security patch level raised to within 365 days.

Thanks for trying to help though bro, more than anyone from the company has done.

sajokaz
Bit Torrent
Views: 531
Message 59 of 125

What carrier are you using?  My wife and daughter both have Veriozn Z2 Plays and are running the Feb 2019 Security Patch.  

~Scott
Artim96
802.11n
Views: 530
Message 60 of 125

Well, they aren't random sites, what do you think where repair shops get their software from?
But it sounds like you are in a very bad update channel if it happens on other devices too.
But at least if you on the reteu channel you can use software from the Retail channel. Not sure about cross compatibility with other channels
Top Kudoed Authors