Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cuse165
Fanfold Paper
Views: 126
Message 1 of 3

Battery Dying

My battery is dying very fast at night I changed it to 72 when I woke up it was at 58. And 58 to 49 in less then a hr. My GPS is keep getting used it says location found I am not sure why it's  doing that constantly. Is there any app or anything I can look into this? Why would my GPS keep running in that background. I made no changes to my phone only installed one new app. And it wanted permission to use my location history for better enjoyment of the app. But I am not sure.

--
Eric
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 93
Message 2 of 3

Re: Battery Dying

Hi cuse165,

This sounds more like app issue to me, please uninstall any recent app you have installed > reboot your device and observe. You can quickly test in Safe Mode to see if this is an app issue? To go into Safe Mode, press the physical power key, then press and hold the pop-up " Power off" key until the Safe Mode instructions pop up. Reboot your device to get back to the 'Normal Mode'.

Let us know how it goes?

Regards,

Swaraj

Motorola Support

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943
Porphyrius
Bit Torrent
Views: 87
Message 3 of 3

Re: Battery Dying

@cuse165 wrote:

My battery is dying very fast at night I changed it to 72 when I woke up it was at 58. And 58 to 49 in less then a hr. My GPS is keep getting used it says location found I am not sure why it's  doing that constantly. Is there any app or anything I can look into this? Why would my GPS keep running in that background. I made no changes to my phone only installed one new app. And it wanted permission to use my location history for better enjoyment of the app. But I am not sure.

Further to the excellent advice to use Safemode.Go into your settings>Battery and find the usage section.You should be able to see what app/s are using the most battery to track it down.Over the years I've had apps I've tried that are,"Battery hogs" and had to find alternative ones.Sometimes this is because the app has not been updated for newer versions of Android :/

Top Kudoed Authors