cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
medvedice
Fanfold Paper
Views: 199
Message 41 of 49

Re: Battery drain (Google Play services)

Hi Rich, 

I am back to factory setting, it means I made the one button operation when all added apps were deleted and the phone has no apps.

I even did not connect it to my gmail account.

I wrote the IMEI (SIM2, the one I am using now), operator, Z play type in my profile.

I checked - the privacy settings allows to do the remote check.

I would appeciate your help to find out what is wrong.

Thanks.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 170
Message 42 of 49

Hi medvedice,

Thanks for trying. I checked your apps and I'm seeing the mapy app is crashing, did you reinstall them? Are you still experiencing battery draining? Please observe the device for 24-48 hours and if it's still doing the same thing, then I would recommend repair, this could be a hardware failure already.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

medvedice
Fanfold Paper
Views: 146
Message 43 of 49

Hi Rich,

yes I am still experiencing battery draining, almost 20% an hour.

I appeared after installing mapy app. I uninstalled it the next day. 

But it seemed it is Goggle play that devours the battery...

It did not help, I started to search for information on web.

I found these pages,

I tried to go back to factory settings.

I did not install any app so far.

If you see that mapy app is crashing you mean at this moment or in the past ....

Because I do not see the app in my phone anymore as I am back to factory setting only with connection to wi-fi.

Thanks for your care.

Best regards

Murmis
Fanfold Paper
Views: 130
Message 44 of 49

Re: Moto Z play battery drain after Oreo update

The same way - in Nugat it was Ok. But after Oreo update - battery drain detected.((  Iven at night with "trafic economy" mode i losing more then 8-15% of charge. 1.5-2% in hour.

-MotoR-
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 111
Message 45 of 49

Hi medvedice,

I appreciate the steps you've tried. Let's try to calibrate the battery. To calibrate the battery, hold the power button until the phone reboots > Plug into the supplied charger > Charge to 100% > Leave on the charger for at least an additional hour. This process will reset the battery table and allow the phone to calibrate. Let us know what happens after. Observe the phone within the day and see if there's improvement.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

Highlighted
LoboMike
Paper Tape
Views: 108
Message 46 of 49

Has anyone else tried replacing the battery with the iFixit kit? I know the process is a bit hairy, but I'm curious as to whether or not it fixes the actual problem? To me, that's the only solution with the battery saying that it's operating at less than 1% of it's intended capacity.

-Mike

reidcc
Fanfold Paper
Views: 104
Message 47 of 49

Mike-

I don't think anyone has been able to determine the battery is actually at fault yet. He may be loosing 10% off the charger- but what is running in background? How many "wakes" is it getting while doing nothing overnight?

There is a possibility there is a hardware fault that is gobbling battery juice(its has happened to me on other phones).

My new Moto ZPlay was getting 6 days - maybe 7 days of battery. I did not get a lot of calls or texts- my signal was not full strength here, I used the Facebook App, and played Solitaire and got 7 to 8 hours of screen time over those 6 to 7 days.

I ended up exchanging my MZP, as my USB Port had some issues. The Refurb unit I received was immediately 2 days worse in battery life and screen time. I have factory reset a number of times, added back an App or two at a time- but no apreciable difference. Since it was a refurb phone- I have no idea of its past, no idea if it took a hit and some component may be suspect, or if something else is using battery hardware wise. I also have no idea if the battery had ever been changed out as a part of the refurb process(probably not).

I just live with it at this point-

Chris

medvedice
Fanfold Paper
Views: 66
Message 48 of 49

Hi Rick, 

I calibrated the battery, it makes no change...

It still drains in a few hours.

I just do not understand it appeared as a glance from the sky. The day before it was 40 % a day and now it eats 40 % in 2-3 hours.

I can feel the heat of the phone near the moto mods connector even if the phone is not used. I has not been like this before.

The phone used to be warm when charging from external battery or watching videos...

Even with extrnal battery now the phone does not survive 12 hours..

Have you any other idea what to try ?

Thanks

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 27
Message 49 of 49

Hi medvedice,

This seems to be a hardware related concern. If you haven't done the reset without restoring any single third-party apps and/or files, kindly do so, and if the issue persist then it could be an issue with the hardware. I would recommend having the phone repaired in that case.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

Top Kudoed Authors