Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JaChSe
Blue Screen Again
Views: 208
Message 1 of 4

Compass Not Working

It appears that the compass/magnetometer isn't working on my phone. Apps that try to use either say it needs to be calibrated or it isn't there. Initally assumed that the phone came without one, but Motorola specs say that it does.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 143
Message 2 of 4

Re: Compass Not Working

Hi JaChSe,

Thanks for posting. I'd like to confirm, what apps have you tried in testing the compass? I would suggest calibrating the compass using Google Maps. See here for the instruction - "Calibrate your phone or tablet".

Also, touch the bullet dart icon or the accuracy icon on the right side part of the screen - this will search your location - once done move around and you should see the maps responding and moving to where you're pointing the phone. Let me know. 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

JaChSe
Blue Screen Again
Views: 135
Message 3 of 4

Initially noticed the issue on Google Maps (kept asking me to calibrate my compass to improve accuracy) and then downloaded "GPS Status" to try an troubleshoot (doesn't recognize that the magnetometer is present.

I have tried calibrating the compass thru Google Maps with no success. I think it may have been working previously (Pokemon Go app).

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 126
Message 4 of 4

Can you share me a screenshot of the error message? As well as the test you've made with the Google Maps? Try testing it again but this time, test it while the phone is in safe mode so we can isolate third-party apps.

Also, make sure location accuracy is set to on (Settings > Security & Location > Toggle On  > Mode > Select High Accuracy). 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Top Kudoed Authors