Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Idso
Fanfold Paper
Views: 257
Message 1 of 4

Contacts don't get transferred to car via bluetooth

My Z2 Play was always able to connect to the bluetooth of my car (BMW 20.d xDrive 2012) and the contacts from my phone were visible in my car screen.

Since a few weeks the Z2 play makes the bluetooth connection correctly, but when trying to select the contacts it shows that it is not connected and there are no contacts visible. However, I can get called on the car bluetooth and when I dial from my phone I can also make a call via bluetooth. It therefore appears that the car is able to make a bluetooth connection, but is no longer able to get access to my contacts.

Nothing has changed in the software of my car, so what has changed in my phone to result this behavior ? Is there a more tight security now on the contacts which prevents my car software to access them ?

Thanks,

Idso.

Here is the information of my Z2 Play:

Model: Z2 Play (XT1710-09)

Android version: 8.0.0

Patchlevel Android: 1 february 2019

Buildnumber: OPSS27.76-12-25-15

Kernelversion: 3.18.71-perf-g6c0cc6c

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 184
Message 2 of 4

Re: Contacts don't get transferred to car via bluetooth

Hi Idso,

Thanks for the post. Can you please try unpairing and pairing back the connections? Just go to Settings > Connected Devices > Bluetooth and unpair all the paired devices to your phone, do as well in your car. Once done, establish the connection again. Let me know how it goes. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Idso
Fanfold Paper
Views: 168
Message 3 of 4

Hello Rich,

I have done that several times, but no luck. The only Bluetooth connection I make is with my car.

Idso.

Idso
Fanfold Paper
Views: 129
Message 4 of 4

The problem is solved by resetting the Bluetooth unit in the car.

Thanks,

Idso.

Top Kudoed Authors