Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
jc15ch
Paper Tape
Views: 141
Message 1 of 3

Dangerous delay in Moto Z2

My Moto Z2 Play is slow to respond; I risk not being able to make a call quickly which could be dangerous; I sometimes can't answer a phone call in time because the touch screen has such a delay; I experience long delays launching apps, and often just getting the phone to 'wake up'.

I have worked and worked and worked with Verizon tech support, and am now out of warranty.

With Verizon tech support I have factory reset twice - no change.

My work IT folks recognize the problem and won't be recommending anyone buy Motorola phones.

Any ideas from this tech support that will renew our faith in this phone/company?

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 52
Message 2 of 3

Re: Dangerous delay in Moto Z2

Hi jc15ch,

Thanks for posting. I'd like to help. First, can you please confirm if you're using a screen protector? If so, kindly remove it. Also, did you restore your apps/backup after doing the factory data reset? It is important not to restore any apps/backup before checking if there's an improvement. 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

jc15ch
Paper Tape
Views: 27
Message 3 of 3

Re: Dangerous delay in Moto Z2

Thank you. I have removed the screen protector, but the problem exists with the 'wake up' button (the button at the bottom for fingerprint recognition) that did not have the protector over it. And, I did judiciously add apps back, to no avail. I welcome other ideas or suggestions. I really don't want to purchase a new phone if I don't need to, but am  ready to throw this one in the river. Thank you.

Top Kudoed Authors