Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cgprince
Paper Tape
Views: 306
Message 1 of 4

Group Messaging Sound Notifications are suddenly going bonkers

Last week, my group messaging sound notifications (on two different messaging apps) started malfunctioning... the regular notification sound for a text message would notify me I had a message, but when I open the group text message then I get a TON of my regular notification sounds all right in a row like a blast... (the ones I would get for an email or something that's not a text). This is only for group messages so far. It's not the app since I switched apps and it's doing the same thing. I've looked at all the options for sound notifications and nothing has fixed yet but it's a very specific problem. HELP!

sajokaz
Bit Torrent
Views: 305
Message 2 of 4

Re: Group Messaging Sound Notifications are suddenly going bonkers

Check out this thread:

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Moto-Z-Force/The-notification-sound-continues/td-p/4415114/page/2

Kind of sounds similar?  Might be the same Moto Display bug?

~Scott
cgprince
Paper Tape
Views: 302
Message 3 of 4

Oh my gosh, I think that's exactly it - THANK YOUUUUUUUUU
sajokaz
Bit Torrent
Views: 284
Message 4 of 4

You are welcome.  Here is another thread discussing the options related to disabling App Updates as mentioned as a temporary fix.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Moto-Z-Play/Notifications-endlessly-play/td-p/4417324

What's weird about this bug is that it's not affecting everyone.  My phone and my wife's phone have the same Moto Display version as everyone else and we have not experienced the multiple notification bug.  At least Moto is aware of the situation and working on a fix.

~Scott
Top Kudoed Authors