03-27-2019 02:08 AM
03-27-2019 02:35 AM
Thanks a lot Rich, the thing is that the test you made means your unit is fine, as expected. As I said, if it has to do with windows, which windows? The 3 W7 I have at home? My W10 in the office? May be the Windows XP installed in an old desktop never upodated? All showed the same problem, therefore, it cannot be a windows problem.
Thanks again and Best Regards
04-06-2019 10:31 AM - edited 04-06-2019 10:34 AM
Apparently I came across the solution (so far) by chance:
1.- I wanted to upgrade some folders in the card so I wanted to use my laptop's card reader, so I switched the phone, put the SD card into the pc and I made the changes, it wored as expected, no problemo.
2.- I put the card back to the phone, switched back on again and then I tried again to connect the phone to pc via usb cable and now it works normal and as expected!! All files are shown properly and no as folders anymore.
3.- I tried to switch off and on the phone before, but this didin't help. Apparently what helped is to take card out and put into a computer's card reader. No scan & fix upon card mounting on the pc shown though. I think this is quite strange, anybody can explain how come?
4.- If problem comes back I'll be more than happy to report it here in this thread again.
5.- Although I did't get any working solution from peope posting here, I really appreciate the effort and interest to help here, thanks a lot mates!
6.- Best Regards
04-07-2019 06:03 AM
Sometimes we stumble onto workarounds like this completely by accident. And sometimes weird bugs like this just can't be explained; as to the what & why. At least you were able to eventually figure it out, resolve your issue, and you posted it here which might help someone else some day.
07-15-2019 05:52 PM
Motorola Z4 Phone to PC File Transfer Protocol as of 7/2019
I couldn't find any of this information in the phones' Help Files.
When you initially plug the phone to the computer with a USB A to USB C cable, the 'moto z4 will appear in Windows File Explorer, but File Explorer will display no Folders or files.
Fix: As noted in a prior answer,
1. While in the main phone window, pull down the "'Window Shade' all the way down.
2. At the 'Bottom of the pull down shade, look for something containing the words... USB, Android System or Charging USB.
3. You're almost there! Pull down the bottom of the Window Shade again 'Pull from the Bottom.'
4. Another line of command appears. My phone shows 'Charging this device via USB' and below that... 'Tap for more options.'
5. The next screen expands to show the window- USB Preferences. In the middle of the screen is the heading, 'Use USB for'... with a list below containing 'File Transfer.' When you click on File Transfer, the phone Folders will immediately appear in the Windows File Explorer as Internal Storage and if applicable, SD Card.
My take on all this is this USB software isn't finished yet, because you can't change many of the other listed choices. For instance, at the bottom of the list is a switch indicating Charge connected device. That switch is off on my phone and yet the phone was indeed charging while transfering files.
Hope this helps. This article was based largely on those who wrote earlier. Thanks one and all.