Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sebx_g1
Punch Card
Views: 344
Message 21 of 26

Re: Hello Moto !!! It is april but ...

OK I used to do a trick to get update  : " Turn off  sim cards in settings-sim cards and disable all sockets here,then reboot, turn on wifi and check for update. It'll show new update available."  I got update just at once . 

So this must be feature of Nougat ? ;-)  since on MM updates arrived to my phone with out this trick . 

MZP /reteu-stock Nougat
ChatsworthMike
Fanfold Paper
Views: 117
Message 22 of 26

I love my Moto X PE, but the battery is waning and I think the Z4 looms in my future. A thing I really like about the X is how I taught it to respond to my voice when I say Hey, Melody! I figured this is probably the same as saying OK Google, but teaching it to respond to my voice and its own name was fun and it amuses the grandkids.

Can the Z4 be taught to respond to a specific voice and greeting? I'd love to name the new one Melody, too.

Thank you.

Michael Morrison

at least SIX time Motorola phone owner

sajokaz
Bit Torrent
Views: 119
Message 23 of 26

@ChatsworthMike wrote:

I love my Moto X PE, but the battery is waning and I think the Z4 looms in my future. A thing I really like about the X is how I taught it to respond to my voice when I say Hey, Melody! I figured this is probably the same as saying OK Google, but teaching it to respond to my voice and its own name was fun and it amuses the grandkids.

Can the Z4 be taught to respond to a specific voice and greeting? I'd love to name the new one Melody, too.

Thank you.

Michael Morrison

at least SIX time Motorola phone owner

No, that functionality was part of the old Moto Voice app.  The newer phones don't have Moto Voice.  They have Google Assistant built in and the only launch phrase is "OK Google" or "Hey Google", that's it.  No more custom launch phrase.

~Scott
sajokaz
Bit Torrent
Views: 117
Message 24 of 26

I think you're phone, and the other Moto phones from that year, were the last to have Moto Voice where you could train a custom launch phrase.  Haven't been able to do that since 2015 from what I can remember.

~Scott
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 54
Message 25 of 26

Hi ChatsworthMike,

Unfortunately, you can only change it as Ok Goole or Hey Google. Kindly refer to this link https://support.google.com/assistant/answer/7394306?co=GENIE.Platform%3DAndroid&hl=en. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Highlighted
ChatsworthMike
Fanfold Paper
Views: 49
Message 26 of 26

Thank you for your reply.

Top Kudoed Authors