Options

4 Posts

04-13-2017

IN

4 Signins

25 Page Views

• Views: 25
  • Message 1 of 6

Horrible service from Moto Service Bangalore ( MOTO Z PLAY DEAD)

2017-04-13, 8:28 AM

MOTO Z PLAY 
The phone worked only for 2 months. Since the 1st day phone was frequently shutting down. When I asked up the call center they asked me to wipe the data of the phone since some app might be creating the crash. After 2 months the display stopped working and when the phone was given to the customer service and stayed all the problems but they started arguing like the phone was dropped because of which the screen may have internal damaged and that doesn't come under warranty. There was no damage to phone neither the screen. They asked me to pay for the screen which is 6500/-. After a big fight I agreed to pay and to goahead and repair it but I got a call today stating the phone cannot be repairable since the motherboard is dead, and the reason they are saying it may be due to water damage and it doesn't come under warranty. I have taken care of the phone like gem. When I was at the Motorola service even some customer were complaining the samething reported to them about their phone. Avoid buying Moto since there is no proper service available in India.
After 2 months my phone is just a piece of junk and I payed 24,000 for the phone instead I could have bought a 2 MI Xiaomi Phone, whose service and products are 100% better than moto.

Motorola shame on your and your products. I will never buy moto Products and will never suggest anybody of this product.

Options

28352 Posts

02-02-2016

US

5841 Signins

132765 Page Views

• Views: 132765
  • Message 2 of 6

Re: Horrible service from Moto Service Bangalore ( MOTO Z PLAY DEAD)

2017-04-14, 0:28 AM

wrote:

MOTO Z PLAY 
The phone worked only for 2 months. Since the 1st day phone was frequently shutting down. When I asked up the call center they asked me to wipe the data of the phone since some app might be creating the crash. After 2 months the display stopped working and when the phone was given to the customer service and stayed all the problems but they started arguing like the phone was dropped because of which the screen may have internal damaged and that doesn't come under warranty. There was no damage to phone neither the screen. They asked me to pay for the screen which is 6500/-. After a big fight I agreed to pay and to goahead and repair it but I got a call today stating the phone cannot be repairable since the motherboard is dead, and the reason they are saying it may be due to water damage and it doesn't come under warranty. I have taken care of the phone like gem. When I was at the Motorola service even some customer were complaining the samething reported to them about their phone. Avoid buying Moto since there is no proper service available in India.
After 2 months my phone is just a piece of junk and I payed 24,000 for the phone instead I could have bought a 2 MI Xiaomi Phone, whose service and products are 100% better than moto.

Motorola shame on your and your products. I will never buy moto Products and will never suggest anybody of this product.

Do you think the service center lying? That there is no chance your phone has water damage? 

Why would they do this if motorola would pay to repair a defective motherboard? 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Options

4 Posts

04-13-2017

IN

4 Signins

25 Page Views

• Message 3 of 6

2017-04-17, 7:38 AM

Yes, i have very well taken care of the phone. since the first day i am facing the issue i called up the call center 4 times related to sudden shutdowns they always pointed me towards a wrong app and to wipe the phone. Now when the phone is completely dead and taken to service taken. they opened the phone and said screen has some issue and it needs to be replaced. now they are coming up like water has damaged the phone motherboard. i payed a amount 24,000/- Rs for the phone. now the phone is just a junk since the repair will cost approximately 18,000/- it seems.

Options

28352 Posts

02-02-2016

US

5841 Signins

132765 Page Views

• Views: 132765
  • Message 4 of 6

2017-04-17, 8:03 AM

wrote:

Yes, i have very well taken care of the phone. since the first day i am facing the issue i called up the call center 4 times related to sudden shutdowns they always pointed me towards a wrong app and to wipe the phone. Now when the phone is completely dead and taken to service taken. they opened the phone and said screen has some issue and it needs to be replaced. now they are coming up like water has damaged the phone motherboard. i payed a amount 24,000/- Rs for the phone. now the phone is just a junk since the repair will cost approximately 18,000/- it seems.

It seems unlikely they would lie.  Motorola would pay them for a warranty repair, but it seems unlikely you will pay them. 

Random shutdowns are usually caused by one of 2 things. Often an app, but sometimes hardware issues that could be warranty or non-warranty. 

There are other service centers in Bangalore. A second opinion should be telling. 

https://motorola-mobility-en-in.custhelp.com/app/mcp/service-center-locator

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Options

4 Posts

04-13-2017

IN

4 Signins

25 Page Views

• Message 5 of 6

2017-04-17, 9:27 AM

Hello,

Thanks for the reply.

Nearest service center to my home is marthahalli bangalore, they straight away rejected to accept the phone without even looking at it and they suggested to go to jayanagar where i did.

When i gave the phone there was no water damage, i was having the issue since long time frequestly shutting down since 1st day, which i called up the call center they asked me to wipe the phone. i rarely used the phone since i never got a tampered glass for it. it was my mistake to check with the call center on resolving the issue instead of giving it to the service center.

I agree as you said moto will be paying of the defecctive hardware not the service center but the officer at service is not at all supportive. Now i have no hope on this device. if i am making this as big fight the service center guy will put water in the phone to prove some point.

I have used different company phones but never faced such issue. I remeber xiaomi changing my phone when it had a network issue under warranty. even my friends samsung phone had once changed the screen by samsung service center when it started developing some grey spots.

Moto is horrible, even before opening the phone which had no scratch, service guy was saying screen doesnot come under warranty for physical damange. when i started arguying with him he says even without a having a physical damage the screen can be damaged..  is this how moto manufactures devices ?

Please check over internet how pathetic are moto service center reviews. 

Thanks,

Ravi Kumar

Options

3 Posts

01-16-2018

US

2 Signins

31 Page Views

• Views: 31
  • Message 6 of 6

2018-01-16, 18:24 PM

wrote:

wrote:

It seems unlikely they would lie.  Motorola would pay them for a warranty repair, but it seems unlikely you will pay them. 

Random shutdowns are usually caused by one of 2 things. Often an app, but sometimes hardware issues that could be warranty or non-warranty. 

There are other service centers in Bangalore. A second opinion should be telling. 

https://motorola-mobility-en-in.custhelp.com/app/mcp/service-center-locator

Excuse me, but this is a common problem with this phone and the OP has been treated horribly by Lenovo service and now you.  Yes, the OP has a defective phone and YES, the OP should NOT be paying for repairs.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete